cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split a component with multiple views in to multiple components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello WDP Gurus:

We are having a big, monolithic WDP component with many views defined which are context mapped to the central component. This has a problem of not allowing multiple changing the code at a time. So we decided to pull different views in to individual components and  have component interfaces defined to do context mapping. Is this the correct approach ? Are there any better approaches for componentization  in a flexible way?

My understanding is.

a. Define a new component . Pull a tightly coupled view in to thi new component. Let us call this ChildComp.

b. Define a component usage relation between the central component and this ChildComp.

c. Copy what are all the context mapping nodes between the Central Component and the view (originally) and paste them on to the interface controller and the ChildComp aswell.

d. In the model diagram draw a data link between the Central Component and the component usage interface. Then drag from left to right to map them to the exact name nodes.

e. Since the same context structure exists on the ChildComp, you can see the data flowing between the Central Component to the usage component interface (or interface controller ???) to the ChildComp to the View.

Please advice.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus:

I located an excellent tutorial for this.

Using External Context Mapping

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fd/ed32a8c9994b4ba4a1645a764814db/frameset.htm

I mean the Internal Comp is the new component I need to create and the Embedder Comp is the Central Component with too many hard linked views connected to it. Internal View is the view, I want to separate out in to a new component (Internal Comp) and have external mapping with the central component (Embedder).

The problem is that steps 4 and 5 are not exactly doable in my environment. My environment is NW CE 7.2. Even though the documentation is for NW 04 SPS 25, I believe backward compatibility should be there.