cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different plants/departure countries in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We can have many line items in sales order and so we can have many plants in different line items. Now I need to know the following

1) Can the different plants at line item level  belong to different countries.. I mean we are creating sales order in switzerland sales org and the ship to party is in Germany but we are procuring material from two plants one in India and the other in China. so we will create one sales order in swiss sales org with two line items with two different plants !

2) If answer is yes for 1 above, then that means that the departure country will be India for first line item and departure country will be china for 2nd line item and since the tax is calculated from departure country of plant, then it means that we will have different tax categories  ( assuming tax category is X  for India plant and tax category is Y for China plant. Since tax categories are assigned to  ) appearing   in pricing for different   line items and so the taxes will calculated based on the departure country India for tax caegory X and tax will be calculated based on departure country China for tax category Y and so we will be maintaining condition records accordingly.  Is my line of thinking is correct ?

3) if the above two points are correct, I have seen that the departure country for tax calculation is part of header pricing structure KOMK (  for determing tax condition records )  and not item pricing structure KOMP ? why is it so when the departure country is available at item level and can be different for different items ?

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

It seems the typical problem of intercompany billing with third party. Please see notes 1514459, 308989, 543821, 137686, 31126, 63459 and 718780. See also note 872449 (tax determination in SD) for a further understanding how SAP works. See the article  "R/3 Tax interface configuration guide release 4.6x" in this site: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/047ab790-0201-0010-a9b1-e612f8b71...

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo