cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM - RFC Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a question regarding the RFC Connection for CLM (Content Lifecycle Management) in Process Control 10.0.

Where do I make this connection to? Is it a looped connection back to the CLM again?

I have the following guide

.http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0431d8f-2298-2e10-5fb0-87840e285...

but this does not give much information about the RFC Connection - just that one needs to be made.

Please respond back as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayorline,

I guess you are using CLM with in the system. So creating a ABAP RFC back to the system & maintaining the RFC in System registry entry should work.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ajesh.

Another question: what exactly is the authoring domain?

If I want to set up CLM to work between 3 different environments (ex: development, testing & planning), and take information from each of these to send to another, what should the authoring domain be?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayorline,

Authoring domain is used to segregate data within repository. Say you might want to differentiate data created for MM, SD or different organization or sector..

You can create the same authoring domain or different authoring domains for Dev, QA & Prod. Either way they will be treated different as they will belong to different Repositories.

Check the following link for more info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gts10/helpdata/en/00/f1c7547ccc460cbb292ffb58d0c6da/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh.

So just to make sure, if I wanted to:

Have data extracted and uploaded to one enviorment (just devlop.) in just one PC system

-or-

Have data extracted from one enviorment to another (ex: from Devlop. to QA) in just one PC system,

then only one authoring domain would be necessary since that data will never go outside the singular PC installation (for example, I named the authoring domain GRC_CLM). In other words, just one authoring domain is necessary for a singular PC installation where data is only moved from devlop, to QA and Prod.

I just want to make sure that CLM will work inside one installation of PC from one instance to another, and keep it as simple as possible.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can maintain same authoring domain to keep the things simple.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Answers (0)