cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO information design tool publish universe not happening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to publish a business layer file on to the repository using the publish wizard in information design tool. The wizard proceeds without any errors(constraint check has 2 warnings), but once I click on finish nothing happens and it is not deployed to repository universe.

I am new to SAP BO, so please provide detailed instructions.

Thank in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue could also be related with your permissions for that universe. Do you have rights to see it?

Also you need to consider that to see changes in BI Launch pad you need to refresh if you were already logged in.

Regards

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedath,

Were you able to resolve this issue because I am facing the same problem. When I click 'Finish' on publish business layer to repository, nothing happens.

Would appreciate your help.

regards,

Manoj Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

we had the same problem and found the solution a few posts up:

The problem was a not running .InputFileRepository server (and a few others that were deactivated) which we could fix inside the Central Management Console (CMC).

To check your server statuses connect to the CMC, navigate to 'Server' and check the state of all the servers in the server list. They should all be activated and startet (both green). If not, you can activate or (re-)start them as needed using each servers context menu. We had to 'activate' allmost every server. And in our case the .InputFileRepository server showed 'started' and 'deactivated' and activating it failed repeatedly. But after doing a 'restart' of this server fixed this problem and it finally also activated.

After performing the steps above, the 'Finish' button in the information design tool worked as expected and the universe was stored correctly inside the repository.

Hope this helps you too.

best regards,

Ingo Pangritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ingo. I don't remember if I was able to solve this or not, but am not working on it anymore. Shall remember your solution if I pick it up later.

regards,

Manoj Agrawal

Lartey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I had same issue and resolved it by Enabling the InputFileRepository Server in the CMC>Server>

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might need to use Enterprise Authentication if not already using.

JamesD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are a Beginer,then please follow the below link you ll get the Idea related to BO XI R3 Version or BI BO 4.0 Version.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Ingo+Hilgefort.

Normally if u want to see the Universe ,you have to Export the universe to the BOE Repository.By Clicking Export,then it ll ask where you have to store the Universe,after storing then it ll ask u in which file u have to Export.

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After logging in to CMS as an administrator and going to below options, I see that "New" option is disabled. CMS -> Universe -> Manage -> New (disabled).

We are using evaluation copy of Business Objects 4.0. Does it not allow to create a new universe?

Thanks

Balvinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balvinder,

it is not related to this issue. In CMC - universe - Mange - New - it will allow you to create new folder not universe..

can u pls follow below steps and let us know the result

- Open IDT (information design tool)

- create new project give name as test

- click on repository resources and open session

- connect to BOE repository

- it will show you connections and universe

-expand universes and click on any .unx universe

-right click on univ and click on retrieve universe

-select the project test and click ok

-expand the test project

- you will see three files

- .blx, .cns and .dfx

-rename the .blx file to some other

-right click on .blx file and select publish - to a repository

-it will ask for check integrity

-click ok

THanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra

Thanks for your reply. I followed below steps:

- Opened IDT (information design tool) Version: 14.0.2.v20110603-0364

- created new project give name as test

- clicked on repository resources and open session as an administrator

- connected to BOE repository

- it shows all connections and universe

-expanded universes and clicked on eFashion .unx universe

-right clicked on eFashion univ

After right-click, I only see option to "Convert .unv Universe" and "Delete Universe"

I even tried as below:

- Right-clicked project test and selected "Retrieved a published universe -> From repository"

- It opens folders but I do not see universes in that dialog box.

Now what?

-Thanks

Balvinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra

Would really appreciate if you could help us with this issue?

-Regards

Balvinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to watch below videos

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8461

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra

I have already watched all those videos. The issue is we do not see published universe (eg. eFashion) while retrieval as well as I am unable to publish new universe to repository. Upon clicking on Finish, it does not do anything. Nor it display any error.

I can arrange a time and share my screen which may help to understand the issue better. Will it be possible for you to join a call and help us troubleshooting this issue? If yes, what time will be suitable for you?

Please let me know.

-Thanks

Balvinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also experienced this exact same problem. I can create new universe folders from the IDT, but the "finish" button does not respond when I try to publish a new business layer. No error, nothing. The "Cancel" button responds, but after cancellling the new business layer has not bee published.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just figured this out. The Input File Repository (and many other) servers were disabled following the installation. Once you enable the servers, the business layer publishes just fine.

I tried to export a universe from Designer and it generates an error, but IDT doesn't.

former_member190936
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Hi

Have you been able to figure out the reason for this. I am facing the same issue. Can you please tell step by step, what needs to be done to sort this out.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After u click on finish, it has to show you the universe successful.

did u get any message after you publish the business layer.

open the BI launchpad (http://servername:portnumber/BOE/BI)

click on application --> web intelligence

click on new -> search for universe

Try to have a look on tutorials provided by SAP

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8461

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-19231

so that you will get an idea.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajendra,

Thanks for replying. I am following the steps outlined and do not see any error message. But then the universe successful does not appear and that is the issue.

Is there any other way of troubleshooting this error like error logs etc.,?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedath,

Are u able to login into BI and try to create new webi report and check whether univ (business layer name) avaialble or not.

If u have authorization login into CMC and click on universes. verify whether the univ is available or not.

And please let us know what is the BO version you are using

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am using BO 4.0 version and I am able to login to BI and have ensured that the Universe folder exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedath,

Please provide step by step what you have done.

It may help to answer effectively.

THanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

I have followed exact steps in the tutorial. My question: is there any log file or troubleshooting mechanism that I can employ to see what happening while I publish? The reason I am asking is after I hit the finish button nothing happens, so it should be ideally erroring out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedath,

I am not sure we have any log file to troubleshoot issue.

I am not sure in which patch you are?

I strongly suggest to upgrade to BI 4.0 SP2, FP 15.

It may help.

THanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After logging in to CMS as an administrator and going to below options, I see that "New" option is disabled. CMS -> Universe -> Manage -> New (disabled).

We are using evaluation copy of Business Objects 4.0. Does it not allow to create a new universe?

Thanks

Balvinder