Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP_WHITELIST Types missing

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

According to SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/c5/18826ad1e944dfb39aa1d0fe3a188a/frameset.htm

Setup of table HTTP_WHITELIST is required to allow access to external URL target websites when using NWBC 3.5

However, table HTTP_WHITELIST field ENTRY_TYPE does not include types 03 - NWBC selection.  Its my understand this entry type is required to setup Whitelist correct for NWBC3.5

We are running ECC6 EHP5

tx in advance for help,

Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem answered by SAP - as is pointed out in NWBC3.5 documentation, 7.8 Whitelist

When "NWBC is version 3.0 or higher and is connected to SAP NetWeaver <7.03" registry must be maintained with WhiteList key.  GlobalWhiteList can be maintained for all SID.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thmonas,

do you has any answers about this problem.

I will change the WhiteList in the Regedit for NWBC3.5 but in the dokumentation the link is empty for that version.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/c5/18826ad1e944dfb39aa1d0fe3a188a/frameset.htm

Chapter 7.8.1 is missing!

Thanks

Gunter

0 Kudos

I do NOT have any answers to this problem as of yet.  I have also opened an OSS Message on same but SAP has not replied yet.

I've been focused on maintaining the Table HTTP_WHITELIST in ABAP backend.  I have not done anything with Registry on the local machine as I don't see this a good approach to deploy across our enterprise.  I hope to maintain table HTTP_WHITELIST with general values that meet the business needs.

However, my problem with table HTTP_WHITELIST is that certain fixed values for field HTTP_WHITELIST-ENTRY_TYPE are not available on our backend.  I would expect to find value 03 (NWBC) to be available.

What values have you been updating in Registry on your local machine?  Without Chapter 7.8.1 there is no information as to how to setup Registry, which I assume is detailed in 7.8.1.

tx for any feedback,

Rich

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem answered by SAP - as is pointed out in NWBC3.5 documentation, 7.8 Whitelist

When "NWBC is version 3.0 or higher and is connected to SAP NetWeaver <7.03" registry must be maintained with WhiteList key.  GlobalWhiteList can be maintained for all SID.

0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I have NWBC 4.0 with backened NW 7.31 and still get the same error. can you please suggest the steps for updating the whitelist key?

I updated the HTTP_WHITELIST backened and still doesn't work. Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Dhee

0 Kudos

Its been some time since I visited this topic.  We are still running a backend <NW7.31 and therefore, as indicated:

So I have specific experience with the HTTP_WHITELIST backened.

My recommendation would be to open an OSS Message with SAP.

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Thank you. I already opened a message with SAP and they are claiming its a consulting solution.

🙂 what else would you expect. However, I am still pursuing it with them.

Thanks

Dhee