cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save pdf in sap?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have trouble in saveing pdf form, in my webdynpro application I'm displaying an interactive dynamic form with fillable inputs.

I wish to save the form without the save button and in a readOnly state. I have tried to recieve the source(BINARY) parameter but what happened is

that, I didn't get the data intered by user... it's like i'm saveing the pdf's template...

+

i noticed there is a resource parametre also, But i didn't quiet understand whats the difference between it and source param. ,

and when I tried to recive the resource, i had to cast it to binary in order to send it to my function module... that didn't went well.

if anyone can help me with one of those problems i will be most greatfull.

yours trully,

Jake.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Property pdfSource  and Bind this property of type XSTRING Variable.

Use readOnly Property to control the Readonly and Editable inputs on the form.

My Suggestions

1. In Your Webdynpro Application Use a Button say Get PDF

2. Fill the Data in your Interactive form

3. Click on the Button Get PDF  and in the button action Method

first make the property readOnly  Checked

then read the Property pdfSource(This is the PDF Form In Read Only Mode).

Thanks.

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Uma!

I have tried what you said but, I incoutered with a problem, i take a date field and set it's default date for today and what happens is that after I save the form, every time I open the form i see the current date, and also all the data i enter isn't shown.

also, can you tell me whats the difference between source and resource parameters?