cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.20 : SAPLOGON_ID ‘item1=SMC’ not found in saplogon.ini in Bex Analyser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We were in SAPGUI 7.20 patch 6 and we just get GUI patch 10 and Bex 3.5 patch 10.

Now, in patch 10, we have the message SAPLOGON_ID ‘item1=SMC’ not found in saplogon.ini when we try to login with Bex Analyser.

We haven't modify the saplogon.ini.

Someone have still fix this problem ?

We haven't this problem in patch 6 and we were (and we are) in Office 2010.

Thanks.

Ludovic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I had the same error but have no solution for this issue. But may this workaround helps:

If you go in BEx to "Connect" choose the "Server" tab and reselect your SID (SMC) with a double-click. Miraculously it worked then for me...

Hope this helped.

Regards

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jann,

I did what you told me but it is KO.

Where do you do your double-clic : in "Server" tab or "System tab" in ?

When you did it, is the "item1=SMC" disappear in the "System" tab replaced by "SMC" ?

For me it is still "item1=SMC".

Thanks.

Regards,

Ludovic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

sorry, for the confusion, I mixed something up. I clicked "Connect" -> "System" -> "Server" and entered the SID information there. After this the connect was successfull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you did it, is the "item1=SMC" disappear in the "System" tab replaced by "SMC" ?

For me it is still "item1=SMC".

Ludovic

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the entry wasn't changed, but it worked then!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jann,

it works !

But I need to clic OK in the "Server" tab.

If I clic OK in the "System" tab it is KO because it is still "item1=SMC" !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes of course! Sorry, I thought this was clear. The good news is, that if you check "use this as default configuration" it works from now on. The bad news is, that you have to do this step on all clients (at least once). I dont know where this issue comes from, but have a customer message on this (or at least a similar) topic open.

Will let you know when I found out new news.

Regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jann,

I just fixed the problem on my PC.

I hope it will be fine for you :

I modified the saplogon.ini :

I cut the [Description] and put it at the end of the saplogon.ini and save it.

[Description]

item1=SMC

I launch the BEX and it is OK, the item1=SMC disappear and connexion is OK.

Regards,

Ludovic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, the error with the description didnt happen to me. I will give it a try anyway if I find some time to test it.

Regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jann,

we have the same problem after upgrading SAPGUI / BEx 7.20 to patch 10. Also the workaround seems to work, however, isn't a solution for several hundred PCs. You wrote, that you have a customer message opened at SAP. Can you give us here a short feedback as soon as you get a reply.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

they looked a little deeper into the problem and came to the conclusion that this is a bug. They will fix it in a future patchlevel I guess.

Best regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jann,

Thanks for your feedback. So I will try it with next patch which is anounced for week 26.

brgds

thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the only thing I can say at the moment is, that PL 11 doesnt solve the problem.

Regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

SAP GUI 7.20 PL 12 with BI 7.0 PL 800 didnt solve the problem for me, nor did the new GUI 7.30.

Kind regards,

Jann

0 Kudos

Dear All,

we had the same problem as described.

Please keep in mind that SAP Gui 7.20 SP10 does includes SAP BI SP02 and you have to install the latest patch for SAP BI 7.X afterwards. We installed package bi720sp08_800-20006596.

After installation the SAP Business Explorer integration works fine.

Kind Regards,

Thomas Koschmieder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After applying the latest SAPGUI patches from CW26 (SAPGUI Patch 12, BEx BI7.0 Patch 8_800 and BEx 3.x Patch 11) the problem disappeared on our workstations.

Brgds

Thomas Blockhaus