cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new field in Main table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a repository for Material Master.

In which we used to send Long Description of a material to ECC - Basic Data Text field vai E1MTXHM segment of MATMAS IDoc(Here we have Long Description field as a normal Text field.

Now User came up and asked us to add a new field in MDM for Internal Comments field in Material Master repository which will be mapped to Internal Comment field in ECC.

Please suggest us the best option for this requirement in syndication map point of view.

We are planning to add a new text field in Repositoy and duplicate the E1MTXHM field in syndication map and do similar map which we had done for Long description field - In this approach if we duplicate the segment what will be the impact on PI Interface and ECC Inbound side, Please suggest.

We have another thought, Convert the existing long text field to Qualified field with two fields and re-map the fields.

Please let me know the difficulties with these approaches and suggest if any other bestways possible.

Thanks,

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Since E1MTXHM is a repeateable XML node in MDM Syndicator, you can have same segment with multiple times data but unfortunatley both fields "Long Description" and "Internal Comments" are not fields inside tuple or qualified table to carry multiple times data for same segment as per your current design.

We have another thought, Convert the existing long text field to Qualified field with two fields and re-map the fields.

Yes, I would say this can be a good design where you can create a qualifed table say "E1MTXHM" with as 1 non-qualifier and 1 qualifier. e.g.

Non qualifier is: TDID and Qualifier field is: Description

So automatically when this data goes out of MDM, for single record we would have two qualified links;

1. TDID = IVER and Description: It will have value for Internal comments

2. TDID = GRUN and Description: It will have value for Long Description

So, in syndication map there wud be nothing need to change as E1MTXHM is a repeatable node and it will have two E1MTXHM nodes repeated for same record where 1 node contains info abt Internal Comments and 2 node will have Long Description information.

In PI/XI, if the target structure in PI is "0 to unbounded", we are good then coz this segment will then contain multiple times data for same segment and in ECC side you can fetch data in respective fields of ECC with TDID as reference which is IVER for internal comments and GRUN for Long description.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Ravi and Manideep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

E1MTXHM is repeatable node in xsd and in Idoc MATMAS.

As already discussed the qualified table design seems to serve the purpose but what I am curious to understand here is do we really need that if we have this Tuple - Long Text?

Import data in the Tuple can be based on matching field TDID - so a material has 1 long text then if a IVER value comes you can use that for internal comment (possibly -one can confirm from business as this is Sales text).

If this does not workout then another way is to customize a text type in ECC and use that for comments and save the text in the same Tuple.Please go through this link for further help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/46/57447a01a208e7e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

This has no impact on PI in both cases.In second case small ECC customization is needed.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar ,

The new field which is created is not a standard field in the MARA table , so when u syndicate the data out of the system it cannot be placed in the "E1MTXHM" segment unless you create a Z segment and extend the"E1MTXHM" to the newly created Z segment .

Correct me if i'm wrong here .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shekhar

did you try we30 and we31  to create segment and extend an idoc type....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/EN/dc/6b7d6243d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish,

No need to create a new segment in ECC, we will use same idoc structure but we will send multiple text objects IDs using the same segment. i.e while sending information to ECC MTXHM-TDID value will be different like GRUN or IVER.

TDOBJECT     TDID      TDTEXT

MATERIAL     BEST      Purchase order text
MATERIAL     GRUN     Basic data text
MATERIAL     IVER       Internal note
MATERIAL     PRUE     Inspection text

To send these different information we will use same segment(E1MTXHM) multiple times.

Thanks,

Sekhar