cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LM Service 7.1 Patch 04 update in SM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have recenly installed Solman 7.1 Sandbox, and patched the ABAP stack to latest SP04, where as my java stack still with the initial patch level o4.

Current patch level is 10, So I planeed to patch the java stack, but initially I choosen only to patch LM-SERVICE from level 0 to level 4.

but while sdm deployment of LM-SERVICE PATCH 04 ends with the below error

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/tc~webadministrator~cts_partner.. Reason: Exception during generation of components of application sap.com/tc~webadministrator~cts_partner in container EJBContainer.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Exception during generation of components of application sap.com/tc~webadministrator~cts_partner in container EJBContainer.

message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

I would like to know is the dependency error, If yes which other java component is required along with LM-SERVICE.

As I read from SAP Notes, no where given about dependency.

please share what could be the cause for the above error

Thanks

Jansi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi,

Could I confirm the current situation is your system,

1) You installed Solution Manager 7.1 Initial Shipment (SPS0)

2) You applied SPS4 to the ABAP Stack but your Java Stack is still the initial shipment or you applied SPS4 to both ABAP and JAVA stacks?

3) You are trying to apply the latest patch for LM-SERVICE SP04 or are you try to apply LM-SERVICE SP04?

Regards

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

ans q 1) yes I installed initial shipment SPS0

ans q 2) patched both ABAP and Java Level 04, this was done by my other colleague.(Attached all my java stack levels screenshot)

ans q 3) downloaded the LM-SERVICE sp04 patch 3 and applied. I got the patches from this SAP note only

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1712067

Note 1712067 - ClassCassException with LM-SERVICE 7.1 SP4 Patch 3

after your words, i thought to check the stack levels. LM-SERVICES are sp0, whereas other componet are sp4.

I guess I am wrong, I have to update lm-service to sp4 then patch. Please confirm.

My stack levels are attached.

Please confirm,

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi,

Looking at the patch levels in your screenshot for all the components it appears that Support Pack Stack 4 has not been applied to your java stack.

The link below shows the component support pack levels for the initial shipment:

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/swdc/sps/stck_content.do?pvnr=012003146...

and the following link show the component support pack levels for SPS4

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/swdc/sps/stck_content.do?pvnr=012003146...

Please apply the Support Pack Stack to your Java stack and then apply the latest Patch to LM-Service

Regards

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I want to upgrade the same on our Solman 7.1 SP4 system from LMSERVICE patch level 0 to patch level 2 via JSPM.

When I downloaded the file from the marketplace, (LMSERVICE04_2-20006622.SCA), it turned out not to be an SCA file as they mentioned there. Instead it was a zip file which contained 2 folders (DEPLOYARCHIVES) & (META-INF). The (DEPLOYARCHIVES) folder contains a bunch of .EAR & .SDA files which the JSPM is not recognizing.

Kindly, can you tell me how did you do the patch level upgrade in your case? Did you convert the files format to SCA and then used the JSPM? or you used another method?

I really appreciate your assistance.

Regards

Mutasem

former_member209288
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Mutasem ,

Please check your solman and the current LM Service level. Now the latest version available is SP7. Just start the JSPM with Single Support Package option. and place the latest .zip file in your EP/In. JSPM will recognize the same.

Regards

Prateek

Answers (0)