Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No maintenance cycle is open for the current system

daniel_felsmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a realy big Problem in ChaRM

The following error occurs in a Client ChaRM project based on SolMan 7.1 SP04 as soon as the system generated the change document: “No maintenance cycle is open for the current system”. In case I create only a Change Document, it's the same behavior. > pls. see attachment

-        -  We prototyping ChaRM, simulating a three environment landscape (DEV | Test | PROD)

-        -  We have several projects and respective img-project extists

-        -  We upgrade the system from SP03 to SP04 two weeks ago

I have found an error handling message: http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-qu... and we checked the possible reasons, without any result

Overview: What we checked so far:

-          - We create a new project and maintenance cycle (see the attached screens)

-          - The project is in the phase “in development”, the task list is open (see attachment above)

-          - Refresh project in solar_project_admin and started “check” function > All green

-          - The IBase represent the prod. system

-          - The authorization “SAP_SOCM_ADMIN" and "SAP_CM_ADMINISTRATOR_COMP" are assign to the current sap-user. I also trace the process, without any message > all light are green

I    How I can solve that issue?

Best regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Pls check the IMG project in  the DEV system for the Project.

It should be in green.

Also, pls go to the DEV system IMG project and activate the CTS functionality.

It will work.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

daniel_felsmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

the img project is activated for the DEV system. Where I can activate the CTS functionality or better check thats activated or not?

regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Daniel,

Double click the IMG project --> second last tab ( transport requests ).

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Message was edited by: Kaustubh Bhyravajosyula

daniel_felsmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

CTS is activ.

For Information:

In here you can find another possible reason for the problem https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/wiki/display/IMSSolMan/ChaRM+nsFAQ#ChaRMnsFAQ-UncaughtexceptionITABDUPLICA...

We open a SAP ticket and hope that SAP Basis can solve that problem

Thanks for your help,

Daniel

daniel_felsmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

problem is solved. It was a bug in the code.

The SAP Support Team developing a note for that but the logic behind is a little bit complicated. The Apply of the note is risky, because it is more complicated and involved many code changes. I'm sure the next release include the it. So that I just give the other option to you.

we remove duplicate entry in SMSY.

Best regards

Daniel

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I am facing the same issue. could you plz provide the note for bug fix.

Rg,

Karthik

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

implement the newest version of your SP- CHaRM Master note. This one is updated really fast.

The long text although provides information which notes are new. If this does not help, a customer message should be opened.

best regards,

Michael

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/06/05/prerequisites-to-ful...

daniel_felsmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is the note: 1719972

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

This note is in pilot release, I will check that it gets released for customers.

Best regards,

Michael

daniel_felsmann
Participant
0 Kudos

yes right, so please be careful - in here a many changes in code.

In our project we choose the 2. way and delete the one obsolete system - it also works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I am not able to open the notes, it show below error

"The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only "

Rg,

Karthik

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

SAP is waiting for response for the note. It's related to Message Number : 0020079747 0000402323 2012. Until then it will stay in pilot status. But you can open up a messagen and refer to this note, then we can enter your customer number and you can implement it as well and test,

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am having same issue with Solution Manager 7.1 SP12. I applied master note 1969707 version 9.

I followed all the above steps, but no luck. Please help me

Thanks

Srini

daniel_felsmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your quick and lot replies

I refreshed the project couple of times without any result.

We created a virtuall 3 tier system landscape on one logical system SMP.

DEV:010 -->QUA:020-->PRD:030

Furthermore we use client 001 for being used as Charm client. I check the change request document again and saw that the Ibase component is based on the client 001 and not on the client 030.

How can I make sure, that the right component is from the client 030 (productivity system)? the F4 help of the installed base show only one entry.

How can I check the mapping of the roles?

@Karthik: The issue appears in both cases.

@Srikishan: the Master note for SP04 is implemented

Regards

Daniel

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

run the TXCODE IB_GEN to generate the Ibase or update the Ibase in the right way, remember to dont update the IBase manually, (If you want only change the description, never the identification),

then check in the client 001, the ibase (TXCODE: IB52) the component number assigned to client 030, and use this number to create the change.

daniel_felsmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wenceslao,

The Ibase of client 001 we generated by TX: ib_gen. For client 030 the TX: Ib_gen doesn't work: error message: "No business partner of type organization for customer number" appears.

- The customer numbers is maintained in V_AISAPCUSTNOS using transaction SM30

- Here I also try to create a organization but in here I havn't any opportinuity for the identification of the customer number, so that I create the Systems in TX: ib52 manually.

Should I delete the existing Ibase in client 001, before I use ib_gen again or what I should do with respect to the problem in client 030?

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The ibase only need to be maintained in the client that you use for ChaRM (001 I assume), I never create the entries manually in the IBase, but I think that there is the key of your problem, If you generate the Ibase in the right way, then Charm can identify the PRD system.

Thxs

Wence

daniel_felsmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Wence,

so, I delete the entries of client 030, but the problem is still there: "No maintenance cycle es open for the current system"

regards

Daniel

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Could you tell us how is your landscape and the Ibase/Component of PRD?. remember to use the right Ibase/Component (You need to select the Simulated PRD environment).

Thanks

Wence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Test with admin user. if error disappeared , then this is role issue.

Are you got the issue in Urgent or Normal Change creation phase.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AS Jansi mentioned, Dolores blog covers almost all the reasons for this type of error.

Just to check did you apply the Central solman note and CHARM 7.1 SP04 notes via solman_setup after the SP04 update?

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

normally the solutions provided by Dolores is the standard one, even SAP suggest the same solution.

have you checked the third step he given as project lock in table /TMWFLOW/PROJMAP?

please map your roles with 7.1 version, might be you have different roles for this.

as per your screen shot you are using ibase of solman clients? have you created ibase of your production system ?

Thanks

Jansi