cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped receiver communication channel and available messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An interesting question which could not be answered by our basis guy.

During test on PROD system PI (yes ... please don´t ask!) customer deactivated one of two receivers for a scenario.

The channel for this receiver is SMTP.

The idea is not to send mail information to external parties for an internal process so that this test could be processed.

So messages for this receiver were processed in integration server and moved to adapter engine but could not be delivered.

Later on after test was completed someone activated the receiver channel and mails were directly delivered.

As a result external parties nedd to be informed to ignore these mails.

Question is now:

How to delete such messages from adapter engine to avoid that they are send out in described situation?

(My only idea to handle this situation would be to provide a wrong address in the receiver channel instead of deactivating the channel)

Any ideas?

Regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cant really delete those messages. The best option when you do such test would be to select all these messages (message monitoring) and then cancel them so that they are not triggered again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if this is a possible way.

Messages to receivers are displayed as "Successful".

Message monitoring -> Adapter engine -> Messages in status "error"

Found one message in status "system error"!

But when using Cancel button for single message (click on message number in message overview to move to individual message overview)  this won´t work.

Learnings:

Message overview -> scroll down and see there is a status overview where messages in error are listed!!!

Press cancel button here and....   Overview shows a column now with "Terminated messages".

Should go for a large size monitor....

Thank you!

Regards

Dirk

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any async message in error state, can be cancelled. If it is EOIO, then you need to cancel them in the specific order. You can always sort the messages according to the sender/receiver and also filter by the error. so that should make cancelling them pretty easy isnt it?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

I think you can cancel that message in adapter engine manually so that they are not received

Regards

Gagandeep

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meinhard,

You could do that Baskar metioned or delete the queue SMQ2 if you see it the message there.

You can check another ways:

Gourav`s blog

http://scn.sap.com//people/gourav.khare2/blog/2007/12/21/mass-cancellation-of-error-messages--xi (Also, don't forget to "like" or rate (or both) the blog in case you find it useful.)

With the report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES.

But the question is in the future you should avoid this situation. The best way that i think is to indicate in the XML if the message is "internal" or "external" and later in the receiver determinate use the Condition in order to send the messages to the apropiatte receivers.

Regards.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES cannot handle AAE messages I guess. So need to be careful with its usage

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right Shabarish, i didn't read that he wants to do it exclusivily in the AAE, my mistake

Regards.