SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCES : Self Registration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to activate standard UCES application.

I want to activate the self registration screen where user can create new userID , password & submit it along with Business partner &

contract account. ( which I suppose a standard functionality to see the user respective data which is filtered according to Business Partner.)

Currently when I click on ‘Register New’ link I can see there are 4 tabs in breadcrumb on new page i.e.

a) Personal information b) Contact Information c) Additional Information D) Confirmation

But only "Personal information" & "Confirmation" are active.

I register user in personal information & proceed with registration it directly jump to Confirmation tab showing 'Registration completed' Message.'

I can see this user in UME  where UCES  SCAs are deployed.

I want to provide business partner & contract account number too while registration but I am not able to activate other two tabs.

A)  How to activate these two tabs? Is it related to XCM configuration?

B)  Is it achievable to  provide Business partner & contract account information while self registration?

Also please suggest for UCES, which usermanagement is appropriate for large number of web users i.e. a) SAP Backend B) LDAP...etc ?

Regards,

Vishal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I always use UME for the usermangement and not ABAP. An independent LDAP system would be even better. You only have to keep in mind, that web-user details are not synchronized automatically with the BP records, but for those cases I have my own process in place as imagined below.

The registration is not as powerful as you expect as it is very restricted and original designed for the Enterprise Portal. I wrote my own registration & login process for UCES based on the SAP standard, it is fully compatible, but gives me the freedom I need to handle all requirements for an fully automated registration, validation and login process. It's not as easy as you expected, but the only way without doing hacks on the file system.

You can review the results on www.londonhydro.com or www.bluewaterpower.com by opening their "MyAccount" application (=UCES).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I always use UME for the usermangement and not ABAP. An independent LDAP system would be even better. You only have to keep in mind, that web-user details are not synchronized automatically with the BP records, but for those cases I have my own process in place as imagined below.

The registration is not as powerful as you expect as it is very restricted and original designed for the Enterprise Portal. I wrote my own registration & login process for UCES based on the SAP standard, it is fully compatible, but gives me the freedom I need to handle all requirements for an fully automated registration, validation and login process. It's not as easy as you expected, but the only way without doing hacks on the file system.

You can review the results on www.londonhydro.com or www.bluewaterpower.com by opening their "MyAccount" application (=UCES).

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Yes, both are too good !

Now I am working on POC so I just want to check standard functionality for time being.

Do you have any idea, how to activate  a) Contact Information b) Additional Information tabs in new registration screen?

Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos

Sorry, I never use such registration as it is useless. The UCES registration process is only creating ABAP users (no UME). And the other registration process from EP is a webdynpro and useless for a professional presentation.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.