Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in getting and Saving data from Interactive adobe forms in Web

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an requirement that adobe form will be provided to the manager using web dynpro.

The PDF has the details of his employee and manager which is defaulted . The Manager has to give the rating of Employee in the interactive form.

Here  I am facing 2 problems:

1. Whenever the manager submits the rating it should be saved in the Custom Infotype and it is done but the problem is, the form has to be physically stored in a path defined common folder automatically. I am trying to get the Xstring of the PDF Source and passing it to the class

CALL* METHOD cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response* here the problem is, a dialog asks for the path to store the PDF to the manager instead of defaulting the given path.

2. When I saving the PDF in the frontend for testing using the above FM, the values which are defaulted in the form are there as it is but the values entered in the form are not saved and it is blank. Is there any other step to be done with XSTRING ? How to get the values eneterd by the manager in the form. Please Help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

parag_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may try approach below if you have some confusion.

1) Refer to logic provided in the end of the document by Vani Krishnamoorthy below.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c2567f2b-0b01-0010-b7b5-977cbf806...

This document clearly explains how to extract data from an interactive adobe form in XML format and later on apply transformation.

2) Now to generate READ ONLY copy of same form and save it to a specific location, you need PDF in BINARY format.

To achieve this,

a) Create an internal table of type abap_func_parmbind_tab. This will hold name and value of Adobe Form interface parameters. You will have this information with you from step 1)

b) Call generated FM for adobe form with parameters tab.

CALL FUNCTION function_name

PARAMETER-TABLE

para_tab.

c) Then normal sequence of FP_JOB_OPEN, FP_JOB_CLOSE will generate PDF with the data for you and this will be available in binary format with you. Refer to code in standard SAP class CL_HRASR00_PDF_GENERATION=>GENERATE_PDF for more details.

d) Convert this to XSTRING format using SCMS_BINARY_TO_XSTRING FM or class CL_ABAP_CONV_IN_CE.

File in this format can then be saved to specified location.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might look at this example to get an idea. Here, the form from a HCM Proceses & Forms process is recreated (data merged with form template) and then attached to an email. It might have some pieces you could use....

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25757