cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_setup triggered ITS based transactions are not accesible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently running the SolMan_setup transaction SolMan 7.1 SP4      in order to perform the preparation and basic configuration. The transaction opens up internet explorer (I tried both ie8 and ie9) in order to show the overview screen of the guide. Whenever however an additional transaction needs to be executed which is opened in a new Internet Explorer session (and which has /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui ... in the url), I keep looking at an almost empty screen which says : please wait and a SAP copyright statement. It never moves on from there. Can anybody indicate what could be the cause for this ?

Many thanks and best regards,

Yves Torbeyns

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yves,

Have you patched the sap kernel to the latest version available?  I have noticed this bug with the delivered Solman 7.1 kernel but haven't tracked it down to a specific patch level yet.

Regards,

Josh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for the very helpful information. I did first replace the kernel as suggested by Josh. The kernel I did use was downloaded via the following files : SAPEXE_201-10007272.SAR & SAPEXEDB_201-10007271.SAR. Which part of the kernel was responsible for the malfunctioning I did not investigate (time-pressure ).

best regards,

Yves

jensfieger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yves,

I faced a similar issue by in the alert inbox of BPmon (e.g. jumping into tx SM37 of managed system). This has been fixed by 'Note 1707892 - BPMon SM 7.1: No logon screen to managed system'. Nevertheless the note will not fix the bug in SOLMAN_SETUP since the code correction touches only the BPmon function.

BUT:

Before I read about the note I was able to implement the following workaround in our Solution Manager 7.1 SP02 system which worked properly:

- extractITS.SAR which is located in /sapmnt/SID/exe using SAPCAR -xvf ITS.SAR into a directory of your choice (e.g. /tmp)

- jump into /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/data/icmandir

- move the sub-directory ‚its‘ to ‚its.backup

- copy the new ‚its‘ directory into/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/data/icmandir

As far as I understood this is related to 'Note 1611466 - Archive not extracted due to incorrect timestamp check'.

Cheers,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some additional information : I already did check the service in SICF and it is active. I also checked the settings in SE80 and they are as expected.

Best regards,

Yves Torbeyns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Jens' suggestion below, I would advise you to follow SAP Note 1655770 incase the ITS update does not solve the issue.

Regards,

Srikishan