Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS changes are not reflected on Productive run-time system

rodrigoacacio
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing problems when trying to transport Employee Self Service DC changes to productive environment. I have already read many threads and I did not find any topic that matches with my need.

Our server runs on version 7.00 SP21 and the ESS BP on 6.00. I have configured the runtime systems with our Dev and Prod information, as shown on the image below (yes, we do not have test enviroment available).

I have followed all the steps below in order to transport the activity:

On NWDS

1- Checkin, activation and release

On CMS Transport Studio:

2- Import to consolidation system;

3- Assembly;

4- Approval;

5- Import to the Production System.

I went through all the steps successfully. In addition, there is no pendent item in the queue.

However, the deployment is not being done on productive system. Just in Dev (automatically, as set).

I took a look on the CMS log and I noticed that neither the import nor the build were done, as shown below:

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rodrigo,

please have a look at this first:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29%28CMS%29Q0002

(obviously do this for the Prod RTS, on this Troubleshooting guide the example is about dev)

This way we can narrow down the issue if it is only about connection problems to the deployer of the production RTS.

If this does not bring closer to the solution, we will think further, but this is the first thing crosses my mind.

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin (http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29Home)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One more addition to the log you attached:

in steps TEST and PROD the SC is already assembled, therefore there is nothing to be imported to DTR and nothing to be built by CBS, so this is normal, but the deployment of the assembled SCA should take place of course.

Let me also reemphasize the importance of point 4 on

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29%28CMS%29Q0002

If you expand the tray and the table below (that is showing up) is empty, then we have located the problem.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Ervin,
we have the same issue, my nwdi server is ce7.2sp4.
in the table you mentioned, we have only one entry. is it right?

com.sap.portal.deploy.pcdcontent  /usr/sap/MKP/J08/j2ee/cluster/server0/persistent/tc~epbc~prtc~core/deployment/pcdContent

Best regards,

John

rodrigoacacio
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Firstly, thanks a lot for your answer.

I have checked the "point 4", which you have mentioned. It is OK as shown below.

I went through the troubleshooting guide you sent. I got the following results for each step:

Is the system of the track properly configured for deployment and is the correct runtime system used?
Yes

For which system does the deployment not work?
Test or Production

Did you import the changes into the affected runtime system?
Yes

Check import log of deployment step for details. Are there errors in the log?
No (It regards to the logs I had attached on my first message).

In the end it guided me to open an OSS ticket.

I am looking forward to seen your commets.

Thank you!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

yes, it is normal. On 700 we got SDM and when retrieving substitution variables you get many entries, while as of 710 we got the deploy controller that returns only 1 line (like in your example).

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)