cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX installtion help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI I have donwloaded TREX installation for single host i have few doubts related to it

1) is it possible to install TREX in only ABAP(i.e no java)

2) in single host is it possible to connect other systems installed in other hosts also to trex

i.e if trex in stalled in portal can i connect   ECC to it)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) is it possible to install TREX in only ABAP(i.e no java)

As far I know - its need a JAVA engine...dnt think TREX is supported on ABAP stack yet.

2) in single host is it possible to connect other systems installed in other hosts also to trex

i.e if trex in stalled in portal can i connect   ECC to it)

What is the use case, why do you need to connect to ECC..what are you trying to acheive by connecting the TREX to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandip,

I jave one ECC system , my user wants it to be connected to TREX system, but that ECC system is having oonly ABAP stack, hence i have a portal system in which i am planning to install trex and then via RFC for TREX planning to connect itto ECC system,

Now i am not sure if my understanding is fine here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi Kumar,

TREX is a standalone engine. It does need ABAP nor Java stack as prerequisite.

You can connect your TREX to ABAP or Java stack.

BR,

Samuli Kaisanlahti

from Finland

Former Member
0 Kudos

So i can insatll trex in ecc also 🙂  ? which is ABAP only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can.

You just install TREX using NetWeaver 7.3 installation master.

Choose a SID and Instance number (other than the instance number of your ECC, if installing on the same host).

Make sure you have enough disk space in /sapmnt/<TREX SID> folder.

BR,

Samuli

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

If I want to use one TREX for DEV and QAS how I can add another instance in NW 7.3 TREX.

Regards.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't install Trex into your ABAP system.. As mentioned by other replies as well, you just install Trex as a standalone engine. It is NOT ABAP, NOR java.. Trex runs on Python.

If you like, you could install it next to your ABAP system on the same hardware, or on a separate system.. It's your own choice.

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (0)