Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of Transaction Variant to role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created transaction Variant for FB02 and assigned a transaction code to it.Now the transaction code works perfectly for me,but when i assign it to any user.It get some missing access."you have only display authorization for this item".

When i checked the ST01,it gives that user need FB02 access,which i not suppose to give.

Is there any other option where user get the access only thrgh transaction variant and not by the transaction code.

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

I am not sure I understand your question. Are you getting an error while adding to the role or while user is executing ?

Once you create T-code Variant, Maintain SU24 authorization checks same as FB02 and maintain the values in roles. As the checks done on FB02 will also be done on new Transaction.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

Thank you for your reply.

When user try to execute the t-code variant,the variant does't run in the way it should run.it gives the message "only display authorization for this item"

I have maintained SU24 like that of FB02,but no use.

If I add the t-code FB02,the variant works properly.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

If you are on release 4.6, please check the Note 410622 - Authorization for variant transactions as of 4.6C.

Thanks

Sandipan