Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the procurement type've

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,              

I've assigned a material under activity with Procurement type " Requisition + reservation for WBS element" . But, now i want to reset it by "Reservation for WBS element " only. Please suggest if it is possible..

Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you.

My issue is solved now.

Closing the thread.

Regards

Ankur

venu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think it is may not be possible.

Can you check this way, select your Material component in the Project Builder and goto

Edit->Component->Prcurement.

Here you can find the possible options, you can switch to one option to another, check it once.

Venu

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu V,

The path mentioned by you is not possible once the PR/Reservation number is generated for the material.

Regards

Ankur

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can deleted a material even if there is a PR generated for the material.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i am correct? Can I made the changes in MM03 under MRP2 view and changing the procurement type as E: In house production. Will it reset the procurement type under activity assigned material automatically? please suggest..

Regards

Ankur

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had the same issue and I was told the only solution was to delete the material from the project and assign it again in order to be able to change the Procurement type.

Regards

fortian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing the settings in the material master wont change the procurement type automatically. Delete the material and reassign it. This should get the procurement type you desire.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

The said material is maintained in sales order. I hope Deleting it wont arise any undesired problems. please suggest if i am right..

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have assigned the material to a project activity and you have maintained it in a sales order?

How do you link the requirement from the Sales Order and the one in the network? What item position are you using in the sales order?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

What scenario is this? You have maintained the material in the sales order and you have also attached it to an activity in the project. What exactly are you trying to achieve here?

What is the link between the material in the sales order and the one in the project?

Would be better if you could explain the business case or the intent of having such a scenario in place.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. I was thinking that if I change the procurement type to "in house production" in material master under MRP2 tab then system will allow only reservation and not the PR .please suggest if i am correct here.

2. But next i saw the same material in an open sales order, so i was thinking that perhaps changing in material master will make trouble during SD processing.

Also, there is no link between the material in the sales order and the one in the project.

Regards

Ankur