Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Activity Release control with Status of predecessor activities

venu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a 2 activities in the Project, my requirement is successor activity should not be released untill predecessor activity status Release.

I have checked the all possible options still it is not working, Pl. share your inputs.

Venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got the solution. We can achieve it by the following User Exit

"CNEX0028:Check activity release"

My issue is solved now, I'm Closing the thread.

Thanks.

Venu                                    

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Can you share what logic have you defined in achieving your requirement through user exit.?

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

venu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Its like, when we release the any activity, it will check for any predecessor exists,if exists the it will check for its status. If status is REL, then succeeding activity will be released.

venu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the milestone functions option? Check that once and revert.

venu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pillai,

Thank you for response.

We knew that we can control network activity flow through Milestones -like Milestone release and stop indicator functionality.

But my client requirement is, can we control the releas of actiivities through activity statuses.

Like, I have 100 activities in the project, client is not interested to go with milestone assignment for each activity and to control the process flow of activities.

Here If the first activity is with status "CRTD" then system should not allow me to Release its succeeding ativity ie., 2nd activity.

Pl. share your inputs on this.

venu