cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problem when create the credit memo request by reference the invoice "Credit memo request already exists for item 000010"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a problem while creating the credit memo request by reference the invoice which has the sales BOM.

e.g. The detail in the invoice as below :-

Item 10 : ABC   Qty. 1 EA  (BOM Header)

Item 20 : DEF   Qty. 1 EA  (BOM Component)

Item 30 : GHI    Qty. 1 EA  (BOM Component)

When I create the credit memo request with a sales BOM, the system display the pop up with following message “Credit memo request already exists for item 000010: 1 EA” (Message no. V1498)

Then I press the enter button, the system has display the duplicate item of BOM component as below :-

Item 10 : ABC  Qty. 0 EA  (BOM Header)

Item 20 : DEF  Qty. 0 EA  (BOM Component)

Item 30 : GHI   Qty. 0 EA  (BOM Component)

Item 40 : DEF  Qty. 1 EA  (BOM Component)

Item 50 : GHI   Qty. 1 EA (BOM Component)

I would like to know that why the system has create a new items 40 & 50 and how can I solve this problem.

Hope anyone can help or suggest me.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Little

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a theory - this could also be a result of some "custom development gone wrong" either in the user exit or copy routine.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As part of testing:

1) please create a credit memo request from your sales order (instead of the billing document) and check.

If the line items are copied without any problem may be it lies in VTAF (as suggested earlier).

2) also create a credit memo request without reference, is there any issue (with regards to these BOM header and component materials)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T W,

First, Thank you very much for your response.

1. As I didn’t config to create a credit memo request by reference a sales order, the system doesn’t support  to create by reference a sales order. But I will try to do the configuration by maintain copy control from sales document to sales document.

2. I have created a credit memo request without reference as your suggestion, by input an item#10 BOM Header manually.  The system get all of the component materials with the correctly quantity.
But as the user requirement, they would like to create a credit memo request by reference an invoice.

May I ask you regarding to the configuration of the copying requirements that what it should be for BOM header item and component material item?

Thank you very much for your kind support

Best Regards,

Little

former_member182378
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

check setting in VTAF on your copy routines. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In my opinion, pls check the item category determination for credit memo request.

And accordingly check the copy control in VTAF

pls let me know if it works.

thanks

Amit

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, from the "original" invoice ALREADY credit memo request is created for line item 10. Thus the BOM components in the "original" invoice are "available", in order to create credit memo request. Therefore system has created a credit memo request with line item 40 and 50.

The line items 20 and 30 have quantity 0, probably because line item 10 BOM header is linked to 20 and 30 BOM components, and BOM header is "exhausted" (i.e. credit memo request is already created).

Go to VF03, give "original" billing document #, go to Document flow. Note and delete the credit memo request(s). Again create credit memo request and test.

If not ok, then you might have to check the copy control settings for BOM, CR <-- F2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T W,

Thank you very much for your response.

I already checked the document flow and I have not created the credit memo request.

Best Regards,

Little

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your SAP version is 4.6c or below, then you may need to implement OSS Note 340024 - Message V1498 in spite of miss credit memo request Also as mentioned by other users, check the copy control and item category settings.

Regards,