cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.10 Compilation 3 DVD and patchlevel 11

Eniedfeldt
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create a test environment that duplicates what we currently have in production (running a BI Precalc Server.)  To do this, I need the sapgui 710 patch 11 release, which apparently was delivered with compilation 3 dvd.

I do not have this dvd and SAP's archive has nothing lower than patchlevel 14.  Any ideas where I might download this version/patch of sapgui?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eniedfeldt
Explorer
0 Kudos

I couldn't find the older patches of SAPGUI 7.10 but I did find the older versions of the precalc server and BEx Analyzer patches I needed.

They were in my company's complimentary software downloads.  I believe having matching patch levels for Analyzer and Precalc server is important to making a working precalc server.

naveen_kumar1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

Please be aware that the 710 is no more supported.

Please check the below SAP note 1322923  Maintenance strategy / deadlines BW Business

Kindly goahed with 720 patches and test them on your system.

Regards,

Naveen.

Eniedfeldt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Naveen:

Thank you for taking a moment to answer my post.  In this case, upgrading to the 720 gui was incorrect.

Believe me--I tried the 720 gui and patches for the gui, analyzer and precalc server.  But as our underlying BW system is not patched to a level compatible with 720, I was FORCED to use 710.

We currently have one precalc server in production (not a VM) and none in test, so as this server was working with Office 2003 (my requirement was to upgrade Office to at least 2007 to support new file formats), I wanted to at least create a working copy of the production environment.

By patching my gui/analyzer/precalc server to 710 SP 14, I was able to get a working precalc server.  Then I upgraded Office to 2007 and retested.  Ran some new file formats (.xlsm) through the precalc and it worked.

Regards,

Edward

Answers (0)