cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Data Between Different Web Dynpro Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed some Web Dynpro Applications, And Now I want to share some data (1 field) between all these independent applications, and the user cannot use any of the WDAs before filling that field.

I've come by the Shared Memory Objects, but I figured out that the data will be shared to all the users using the application. I want the data to be shared on the scope of one user login session.

Also I tried a singleton pattern class but the data is shared on the level of one web dynpro application.

I didn't use the FPM when building my solution and I don't know it would work with me.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use Shared Memory by creating a table with USERID and FIELD1.  When reading the Shared Memory, read the record via USERID.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Shared Memory won't necessarily work with multiple applications logged on separately if you have multiple applications servers.  Shared Memory is per application server.  At logon the same user might get load balanced to a different application server.  Without some custom logic to auto populate the same shared memory object across all active application server, its difficult to rely upon this approach in this situation.  The only sure fire way to share data in these situations is to write it into the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas for the swift help, Shared memory didn't help me to solve my problem. I'm on my way to use database field.

Thank you very much for your help.

Answers (0)