Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsolete Authorization Objects

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I got a requirement regarding authorization objects.  I need to list all the authorization objects that are obsolete during upgrade of system from 4.7c to ECC6.  Could you please help me regarding this.

Thanks,

Rakesh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not really know how to get such a list (compare tables TOBJ from an ECC system and a 4.7 system?) but I am curious what you want to do with it. Why do you think this information is useful?

In such an upgrade a complete role revision is advisable and when you rebuild the roles the obsolete objects will not be proposed by PFCG. If you keep your old roles the (eventual) obsolete objects will sit there completely harmless. I'd say it's the newly added objects that need your attention.

Jurjen

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not really know how to get such a list (compare tables TOBJ from an ECC system and a 4.7 system?) but I am curious what you want to do with it. Why do you think this information is useful?

In such an upgrade a complete role revision is advisable and when you rebuild the roles the obsolete objects will not be proposed by PFCG. If you keep your old roles the (eventual) obsolete objects will sit there completely harmless. I'd say it's the newly added objects that need your attention.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi J.Heeck,

Purpose of this list is: using this list, we want to know, how many roles are affected during upgrade.

Thanks,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Rakesh MV wrote:

Hi J.Heeck,

Purpose of this list is: using this list, we want to know, how many roles are affected during upgrade.

But this list will only tell you which roles may have objects no longer necessary, not the ones needing maintenance because new objects have come along with the upgrade. In my opinion the latter ones need more attention, so I am afraid your list will be incomplete.

As is already mentioned in this thread by Arpan Paik, SU25 will give better information about roles needing attention.

Cheers,

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Check the objects in SU21 under AAAA Class or try in TOBJ table with class AAAA (Obselete authorization objects). You can compare the objects of this class in 4.7 and EEC6.0 to get the list.

Regards,

Ajesh.

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SU21 should do as said in earlier post. However in upgraded system SU25 STEP 2A must be completed to get this list.

Regards,

Arpan Paik