cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows user in WDA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Anybody knows any way to retrieve windows user into WDA?

I can have the computer name and ip from logged user, but cannot find a way to get windows user.

Any idea ?

Thanks & Regards

PCA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PCA,

there is one FM "REGISTRY_GET", which is flagged as obsolete but can supposedly read any reg entry. Might work in case the FM doesn't access any GUI-related stuff.

Cheers, Lukas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

REGISTRY_GET or anything in CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES won't work from WDA since they use a connection to the SAPGUI to get this information from the client.

There isn't anything in the WDA framework which would provide this information.  You would need client side scripting or a frontend control (perhaps Silverlight?) in order to get this information.  Perhaps you could navigate to a BSP with the necessary client side scripting and then navigate to the WDA application.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas is right, of course,

I failed to notice CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES is the successor to REGISTRY_GET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have any sample to build that script ?

I already can call a BSP, but much pratice with scripting.

Thanks & Regards.

PCA

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No I don't have an example.  I would suggest you just Google it.  It isn't BSP or SAP specific.  I found a couple of samples, but many of them are browser specific and in some situations such access is considered a security risk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for late reply.

Thanks for your reply, I´d workarround it with PC-name and IP wich i can get in WD.

However if you have a sample, or tutourial, how to pass values from WDA to BSP and from BSP to WDA, and a BSP with script sample i need to take advantage on it.

Thanks & regards

PCA