cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Blocked for posting to accounting due to closed FI period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an issue wherein a billing document is blocked for posting to accounting since we are trying to post it to a month which is already closed.

- We arent allowed to open the previous period, so thats a dead end.

- We also cannot cancel the invoice to create a fresh one since the invoice has already reached the customer and the dates cannot be changed.

Is there a solution to this problem? Can we post the invoice without opening the period ?

Thanks for your Suggestions,

Thouseef

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thouseef,

See one thing is clear that you cannot post this Invoice in previous without opening the Period, which I understand is a dead end.

Thus now it is a Business call whether to post the Invoice in current period (by change the Invoice date) or post it in Special Period or open the Previous period & post it on its original date.

Speak to the Business people along with Fi Consultant & try to reach to a consensus.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upon trying to change the billing date and saving, we get the following error !

" No standard cost estimate could be found for the material "XXXXXX".

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Costing Run hasnt been done for that material. Check with your FI counterparts to have that addressed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way I suggest you to consider if it's a good habit to send invoices before posting them to FI

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the following note helps you:-

Note 180756 - Billing during closed posting period

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge you can post that document into special period,during the quarterly evaluation that will be taken in to consideration.There are 4 special periods for 4 quarters,so according to quarter you can post that document into relevant quarter.

Confirm with your FI consultant.

Regards

Ram 

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with your FI consultant...... after posting the billing document goto the accounting document and  change the base line date to the past date to which you want to bill he customer, so that the payment will be due in that month.

Warm Regards

Aadesh Kamat

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the billing document, change the date to current month's date and try saving the document. This will allow you to post the document to accounting in the current period.

Regards

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upon trying to change the billing date and saving, we get the following error !Upon trying to change the billing date and saving, we get the following error !