cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of WSDL file and XSD structures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a sceanrio where SAOP is the receiver adapter. We are provided with WSDL files and XSD structures.

I have imported WSDL files along with the XSD structures in External definition.

But when I drag WSDL message to the message mapping, I am not able to get the structure.

Its showing "Java null pointer exception"

Please let me know what could be the reason for this.

Thanks

Suma S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Import Wsdl and .XSD file at the same place in namespace. Use the following path Tools-->Externe Definitionen  importieren .... to import the WSDL and XSD.

You will be able to see the original structure. Plz also check whether the .WSDL contain import tag and original names as mentioned by

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Whether your wsdl message is proper. Like the strucuture is proper not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ,

first you have to create Service interface and call in operation mapping then create message mapping that is better way.

OM: click on read operation -> provide mapping name then create mapping

mm:

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Bhavani Senkar

I wouldn't agree here. Service Interface is only related to Operation Mapping, you do not need to create SI for Message Mapping.

@Suma S:

I am not really sure what you mean by "drag WSDL message to the message mapping". Simply select the right message from your External Definition, using the button I marked red here:

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ hi Greg , i posted as that is better way to create and  i know service interface is related only operation mapping ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

I have used the same button to get structure from WSDL which I have imported in external definition. This is showing Null pointer exception.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Suma S

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just few cents....

You can validate the WSDL using soapUI or XMLSPY and see that your WSDL has any syntax error.If so, Please talk to the target system. I hope you did not edit anything in WSDL.  Also some time third party provides few XSDs and the main XSD import the other XSDs.  BTW, if the third party provides WSDL, why do you need XSD then?  Just import the WSDL using external definition and choose the same in the service interface for the request and response message. Then use the same in the message mapping.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

WSDL file doesnt contain the XSD structures. So third party system have provided us with XSD structures along with the WSDL file.

The WSDL file is having import statement in it.

Thanks and Regards

Suma S

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then that means you need to import both wsdl and xsd files as external definition.  Otherwise you can copy the XSD conternt within the WSDL and remove the import references if that is feasible and see how that works. So that you will have just one import file. We are not changing any content in WSDL.

Also you might want to know the difference between import and include statement in XSD.

The fundamental difference between include and import is that you must use import to refer to declarations or definitions that are in a different target namespace and you must use include to refer to declarations or definitions that are (or will be) in the same target namespace.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhaskar.

I checked WSDL file and it contains import statement.

I will try to modify WSDL file to include XSD structure.

If I make changes to WSDL file to include XSD structures, will it be an issue while sending data to Third party system.

Please confirm

Thanks and Regards

Suma

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

In my opinion, you do not have to modify the wsdl/xsd to achieve your goal. I have just checked one .wsdl file that I used in one of my scenarios and it contains 3 import statements for some additional .xsd files (so it's similar to your scenario). I have imported them all to PI and they are working fine together. I am not really sure if it makes any difference, but you might try using External Definitions -> right-click -> Import External Definitions, in order to maintain the original name.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I have imported WSDL file along with XSD structures. But when I try to use the structure from WSDL File I am getting Null pointer exception.

Thanks and Regards

Suma S

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you maintain the original names? Here is how it looks in my .wsdl:

And the External Definitions in PI:

Both these together work just fine together.

Regards,

Greg