cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch not moving to restricted

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a batch which has an expiry date older than a year but its still not moving to restricted.

QA07 deadline monitoring job is scheduled daily, i have also checked the material master & the batch classification.

Is there something I have missed out.?

Regards

Neeraj Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check for special stock indicator, Deadline monitoring doesn't consider the Batches with special stock.

Regards,

Dhaval

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. make sure its not packed in a handling unit.  QA07 doesn't consider HU stock.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

09 inspection type must be activated for material

Material must have inventory in unrestricted inventory

Expiration date must be exceeded or within the 'window' specified in the QA07.

QA07 variant must be correct, (number of days in window specified and block batch indicator set)

Have you tried running it manually just to see if you can seet that the batch is selected?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you.

I dont think there is any issue with the QA07 job, reason being that this is the only batch which is behaving unexpectedly.

@ Firefighter: Inspection type 09 is active & stock is in unrestricted

@Anup : can you please elaborate on batch status mgmt

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

Changing batch status to restricted and moving inventory to block stock are different issues. What do you want QA07 to do out of above?

If you want system to move the stock either to QI or to block it all depends upon next inspection date and not the expiry date. Stock moves to QI when next inspection date is reached but expiry date is not.

If the expiry and next inspection dates both have crossed  and you run QA07, then the stock vanishes from MMBE screen but visible in MB52 under restricted heading. In this case system does not generate any inspection lot. You can change the status back to unrestricted using MSC2N.

If the status management is activated, system sets the status as Restricted to batch. If you can consult with your MM person for more insights.

Regards, Anand

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check table MCHB whether batch is block due to physical inventory or not?

Regards,

Dhaval

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neeraj,

In Deadline Monitoring of Batches, if the batch expiration date is exceeded, transfer postings are made considering condition that; if the batch status management is not active in the corresponding plant, the batch stocks are transferred to the blocked stock.

Also, indicator for blocking the batch is set on selection screen of QA07.

Go through info (SAP Help) provided on QA07 screen before executing it.

Regards,

Anup