cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message IM254 'Invalid object number (status management)'

Former Member

Hello,

I have created Quality Notification through tcode QM01. I have added two task from Action box having status as Released and now i am trying to save the notification but getting below error. Please note that i have not saved the notification after adding each task. It is done only after creating both task.

Error message IM254 'Invalid object number (status management)'

I got one sap note 1705428 which suggest to check some syntax in customer developed program or function module. But in our case we did not find suggested syntax in note.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Shailendra Paranjape

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Raphael_Sommer
Participant

Hello,

in my case we called BAPI 'BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE' in Exit without 'COMMIT', but the BAPI called FUNCTION 'STATUS_BUFFER_REFRESH' and thus I got the error 'invalid object number (status management)' IM258 and IM254. I removed the BAPI call and it fixed the issue.

Detailed Infos: Note 1705428

Best regards,

Raphael

matjazmoser
Participant

Greetings,

I was experiencing the same error message and after review of customizing I discovered that in my notification type I was using a status profile that didn't exit anymore. Once I removed the status profile from notification settings I was able to create a notification without a problem.

Best regards,

Matjaž.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shailendra,

Are you using a customized notification type? You should not face such problem if you are dealing with standard notification types.

I am not so sure but check whether you have maintained number range for this notification type through IW20.

Regards,

Anand Rao