cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use Variable in Alerts Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use variable or value in the Alerts Text. Let me explain with an example. I will be using Database alerts and will write a macro to generate alerts

I have written macro like this

If

Supply Shortage > 0

Then Update Alert " Supply Shotage"

I want to include the Quantity figure also in the text "Supply Shortage". I want Alert Text " Supply Shortage 100 PC"

I have tried using "&" but still not getting value in alert text. Maybe i am missing something or it is not possible.I am able to diplay the value in the column "Act. Val." but not in the alert text.

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Compare your macro implementation with the following screenshot. You may get some clue.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have already tried this but it is not working for me. If you have time then can you check after running this alert you are able to see the quantity in the Alert Text.

Regards

Sunil Kumar

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Using t.code SM30, update the table /SAPAPO/ATYPES  for your alert type entry for message no of the alert type. SAP defaults the description to a standard text for most of the alert types. You may use the message no. 410 i.e. &1&2&3&4 to show time period, alert text, variable1 value, and variable2 value. Please check the following screenshots for details. 

Thanks,
Rajesh

Answers (0)