cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3trans.exe -u 2 postloadTransport.ctl exits with error code 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

During the Execution of Installation of ERP 6.0 Dual Stack ( Win/MaxDB) , in the  Import MaxDb Statistics phase ,I am facing the following error :

====================================ERROR===============================================   

ERROR 2012-05-07 15:19:33.47

FCO-00011 The step postloadTransport with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_Postload|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|postloadTransport was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Process call 'C:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3trans.exe -u 2 postloadTransport.ctl' exits with error code 12. For details see log file(s) postloadTransport.log.).

====================================ERROR===============================================

The postloadtransport.log has the following entry : :

This is C:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3trans.exe version 6.14 (release 700 - 01.03.12 - 23:55:00).

unicode enabled version

2EETW152 Cannot open file "E:/IM_WINDOWS_X86_64/TRANS/ERP/R118570.E4A".

C:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3trans.exe finished (0012).

For this I have applied the SAP NOTE : 1234445 which asks to edit the control.xml file..

But again its coming up with the same error .

Could anyone please suggest what shall I do.

Thanks
HARISH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much David, this help me a lot!

davidbest
Explorer
0 Kudos

I wanted to post my experience here, in case anyone else experiences this problem.  I was trying to install ERP 6 EHP5 IDES on Windows 2008 R2.  I didn't use the instructions of the referenced note exactly, but did use it as a basis of a workaround.  The reason is that R3trans seemed to be unable to access the files, because I had started SAPinst from a mapped drive letter and R3trans couldn't access the file using that path.  I was able to work around the problem by changing the path specification to use the UNC path to the transport files.

Process

1. Stop SAPinst
  2. Change control.xml
  3. Change postloadTransport.ctl
  4. Restart SAPinst

Change control.xml

I changed the section where the postloadTransport.ctl file is managed.  If the file exists, SAPinst will be deleted and recreated.  I wanted to hand edit the file postloadTransport.ctl, so I changed the file control.xml to prevent it SAPinst from replacing postloadTransport.ctl.

I commented out several statements to make this happen.  This is what the section of the file looked like after modification:

if ( transDir != undefined )

{

installer.writeTrace("Found transport directory ", transDirName);

// create R3trans control file

var controlFileName = "postloadTransport.ctl";

var controlFile;

//   if (fmgt.isExisting(controlFileName))

//   {

controlFile = fmgt.getNode(controlFileName);

//      controlFile.remove();

//   }

//     controlFile = fmgt.createFile(controlFileName);

//   var stream = controlFile.getFileStream("WRITE");

//   for (var it = transDir.getChildNodes(); !it.isDone(); it.next())

//   {

//      var trans = it.get();

//      var trans_file = trans.getFullName();

//      stream.putLine("import");

//      stream.putLine("file=\"" + trans_file + "\"");

//      stream.putLine("client=000");

//      stream.putLine("buffersync=no");

//   }

//   stream.close();

Change postloadTransport.ctl

I was running SAPinst from a mapped drive and R3trans seemed to have a problem with this.  I changed the file, so that it accessed the file using the full UNC, instead of the mapped drive path.

File contents before change

import

file="Z:\ERP-IDES-EHP5\InstMaster\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\TRANS\ERP\RVVSEB5.SAP"

client=000

buffersync=no

import

file="Z:\ERP-IDES-EHP5\InstMaster\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\TRANS\ERP\RVVSMP1.SAP"

client=000

buffersync=no

File contents after change

import

file="\\<file_server_and_path>\ERP-IDES-EHP5\InstMaster\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\TRANS\ERP\RVVSEB5.SAP"

client=000

buffersync=no

import

file="\\<file_server_and_path>\ERP-IDES-EHP5\InstMaster\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\TRANS\ERP\RVVSMP1.SAP"

client=000

buffersync=no

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

The note you mentioned is for AS400 and asks to change the trans_file to read as os4.xxx but if I read your platform correctly you are on Windows. So, how did you apply this note and what did you substiture for "os4" ? Did the phase complete successfully?

Thanks,

Seshadri

0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

Regarding the error kindly check that if file: R118570.E4A exists?

Folder:/IM_WINDOWS_X86_64/TRANS/ERP must be MasterCD.

If file doesn't exist, I think you need to check whether if download files or installation DVD is corrupted.

Best Regards,

Abhishek