cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: ECC TO PI connection (T)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to establish a proxy communication between ECC and PI system (both systems are newly installed) but unfortunatley cant able to do so.

While cretaing a RFC destination of type "T" in ECC system (LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI) i am getting exception like : "IS SAP GATEWAY STARTED".

Here are the thing which i have done so far:

1) I have created a RFC destination of type "T" and used the program ID "LCRSAPRFC_PI" (same one created in PI system already and working fine).

2) I am using the PI system gateway host and gateway service while cretaing a RFC destination of type "T" under ECC system. (In PI system -> SMGW->

"LU NAME as -> gateway host and "TP NAME" as -> Gateway Sevice)

I have also checked the transaction ST11 and the logs are as below:

OPTIONS  =

type             = REM_GW

net_stat         = CONNECT_TO_REM_GW_PENDING

hostaddr         = XXXXXXX

accept_hostaddr  = ::

opcode           = REMOTE_GATEWAY

conn opcode      = NORMAL_CLIENT

conn vers        = 0

index            = 1

data             = (nil)

ext_info         = c7dc20

offset           = 0

rest_len         = 0

snc_forced       = 0

remote gateway infos:

hostname = Name(host name)

hostaddr = XXXXXXXX

service  = 3300

sap wp info:

tid = 22

uid = 35

mode = 1

appc_ca_blk = 468

len = 420

wp = 7

wait for answer = 1

comm_idx = 3

Please be informed that i am not a Basis consultant but looking into this error becoz my connectivity is not working

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please paste the full error info when you are performing the connection test?

Moreover are you able to ping the PI system hostname from ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

Thanks for the reply!!

Eventually i am able to resolve this issue by changing the "Communication Type with Target system" as "Non-Unicode" (under Unicode tab in RFC destination).

But i want to know the reason why it was not working with "Unicode" option and throwing error " Is SAP getaway started" ??

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually the kernel files based on which SAP system runs depends on the code page settings. Even the gateway service is also part of it.

In case it is not able to interpret the service code page... there are chances that this error is thrwon.