cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shortest route determination in sap from plant to customer...

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

They got 3 manufacturing units at A, B, C which are also 3 different legal entities(company codes)).

They will receive PO from customer centrally and at this point they don't know which company will deliver the stock.

Depending on customer to whom delivery should be made the nearest company of (3) should be selected and then check for stock availabilty should be made and then delivery from that company code should be done.

if stock is not available then next nearest company should be determined to deliver goods.

So can you please tell if this is possible in the standard SAP solution or how can we map this req ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once PO rcvd from the Cusotmer, will book the same as Sales order, during order creation you have to bypass std Plant determination & add your own logic. For that you need to identify the below points:-

Q1: Determine nearest Plant from the Customer location & run ATP check on plants based on FIFO(if stock not available in preceding plant)

- You have to indicate to the system or how to determine distance & based on what parameters.

I would propose you to maintain custom table like: from Transportation zone- to Tzone = Result(distance)

eg: Customer zone= CZONE1 & Plant zones= PZONE1, PZone2 & PZONE3 resp.

Table entries:-

CZONE1+PZONE1= 200 KM

CZONE1+PZONE2= 140 KM

CZONE1+PZONE3= 150 KM

without the table system wont be able to determine the "Nearest Point". Once records found from the above table, sort the result & consider the first record which is nearest point to customer location is nothing but the Plant. here itz PZONE2 ( Plant 2). Use this sequence to determine plants which can be used during ATP check based on sequence found.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To acheive this requirement please maintain required plant in customer material info record.

Bans

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

but there I can maintain one plant only... what if the stock is available in 2 plants? but before checking the stock,s ystem has to find the nearest plant from customer's location. after finding this, then go for material availability

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to go with enhancement.  Check this thread where similar query is addressed

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1677716

G. Lakshmipathi

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

I need to know from the beginning.

after receiving the PO from the customer, how we can make the system to find the nearest plant to customer? let me know if dont't understand my point