cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple billings from a single delivery-control?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard if we create billing w.r.t to delivery more than once system will not accept. I would like to know where is the control.I have checked in VTFL-ITEM-Pos/neg quanity as "+" and "-"no impact on my requirement.

There is no business case for this , would like to know for my knowledge. Before raising this question i hv searched in forums but not succeeded.

I would like to know where is the exact control for this.

Any suggestions on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Dear all,

Its possible to create multiple billing doc with reference to one delivery doc bcz i hav tried it in my system and also i faced this question in CTS interview....

Way to do changes.....

Just simply change ur billing relevency from VOV7 item category from A to K, bcz K is used to create multiple billing doc and copy control VTFL LF-F2 change positive /negative from to ....but u can't create with reference to old delivery doc....create a new OR, LF, F2 then try.....for further clarification feel free to ask....

Regards

Satyanarayan nahak

<Text removed by Moderator for sharing personal details>

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are two side to your question:

First: Multiple Invoice (Invoice Split) allowed for Delivery or not:

Go to VTFL - & select the Delivery & Invoice Types. Go to Item Category Details & in Data VBRK/VBRP there will be 007 maintained. If you change this to 003 (Single Invoice) then system will allow only single Invoice for each Delivery.

Second:

In SAP Standard once the Delivery quantity (or Order Quantity in Order related billing) is completed, system automatically set the status of the Item as Completely Invoiced.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Multiple billing for single delivery control?

In sap standard it is not possible. for one delivery one billing document, the exact control was in VTFL select the Delivery & Invoice Types. Go to Item Category Details & in Data VBRK/VBRP in that you need to mention routine no 003(single invoice).

we can able to do through development instead of routine 003 create a new routine for multiple billing

Thanks

Prasad

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

praveen

on your case you have create the one line item for delivery , but you billing 2 item ,

in slandered process , what are the delivery item it will copy to billing document  quantity , and when you make total delivery quantity for billing (f2), its billing is completed , any pending delivery quantity for delivery it allow the another billing document ,

when it post the total delivery , and total sale order quantity for billing . it allow for only once , this is normal behavior .

and same create the delivery , with reference to sale order. like sale order create 10 quantity , delivery also create the 10 quantity , after create the delivery with reference to same sale order system give error message their is no item for order type ***. as same behavior for billing creation also

regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen

If i am understood correctly you want to do multiple billing documents from a single outbound delivery document.

Here is how to do it:

When you open the VF01 Screen and enter the outbound delivery number, dont press enter here or else you will not able to change the quantity. On the screen you will see the button "selection list".

Press that button, a selection list scree will appear where in you can change the quantity to be billed in billing document. change the quantity -> press enter -> select the line item and press "copy" button.

It will guide you to the create billing document screen. Here press enter to go further and your billing document screen will appear.

save the document.

You can repeat the same procedure for remaining pending quantities in the outbound delivery

In this way, you can create multiple billing documents from a single outbound delivery

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Amit

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your post!

The field "Billing quantity" in VF01 is not editable for ALL item categories. Any comments on that?

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

TW

the billing quantity at VF01 not editable , it for stranded behavior, you want change the billing quantity

go to vf01 enter the your delivery number after click on selection icon like below screen

when you click the selection button below screen will come

here you will change the quantity ,

but one thing it for with out batch determination it is possible , , with batch determination it is not possible , like below screen it will come

please check this ,  i think you understand , how to change billing quantity 

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

many thanks for your lucid explanation!

I tested this for item category TAN and could not change the billing quantity (FKIMG), with the above steps you have mentioned. Could you please test the above with TAN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

When you open the VF01 Screen and type the outbound delivery number, dont press enter immediately or else you will not able to change the quantity. On the screen you will see the button "selection list".

Press that button, a selection list scree will appear where in you can change the quantity to be billed in billing document.

change the quantity -> press enter -> select the line item and press "copy" button.

It will guide you to the create billing document screen. Here press enter to go further and your billing document screen will appear.

save the document.

You can repeat the same procedure for remaining pending quantities in the outbound delivery

In this way, you can create multiple billing documents from a single outbound delivery

Thanks and Regards

Amit

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

it is for only tan , LF to F2 only , please check the copy controls

like below screen

pricing tyep, price source it for shipment cost , you should check only 0004,0007, billing quantity ,

please check , this

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit, Bojja,

My questions are as follows -

When a sales order is created with item category TAN, then delivery is created; thereafter in VF01, the delivery number appears, if we click on button Selection list, the "Open quantity" is greyed out (can not be edited).

Have you also faced the same? In case of "Open quantity" is greyed out, how could the billing quantity be changed?

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

tan what are the copy control you maintain, in my process , every day thy do the user so much chages for the billing quantity , check the copy control , as above post and give me reply

their is the control with copy controls , when you maintain the both copy controls it comes , please check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

For multiple invoices from a single delivery, the data transfer routine for item category should be invoice split.

Please check the routine you have assigned to the item category in copy control

In VTFL,Header data> LF to F2 > copying requirement 003 (Header/dlv.-related),

Select Copy Item number.

Item Data> TAN settings > Copying Requirements 004 (Deliv-related item)

Data VBRK / VBRP > 001(Inv.split (sample)) or 007 (Inv.Split (Rec/Div))

Billing qty 'D'

Positive / Negative qty '+'

Pricing Type 'D'

Pls check the settings if like this.

Pls check if this works

Thanks and Regards

Amit

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of Delivery related billing -

System creates or doesnot create a billing document by checking the field "Billing Doc." in Tab Processing, at an item level, in VL02N.

E.g. If field Billing Doc = C, completely processed then for that line item billing document shall not be created.

In case of Order related billing -

The control lies at field "Ord-rel billing", at line item level, Tab Status in a sales order (VA02, VA03)

Note: you talked about Pos/neg quanity as "+" and "-" this is a functionality that determines how the field shall get a status (completely processed etc.) But the status determines if billing document can be created. I hope the difference is clear to you.