cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Studio, how to know the HANA DB Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know where to navigate in order to identify the HANA DB version. Is it SP 02 or SP 03? I could see in studio as Revision 25 and older one was 20. But how would i know, is it SP 03 or SP 02?

I am willing to know what all the new features SP 03 has brought compared to SP 02.. do we have any link for that?

Regards,

Tilak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

To know the HANA Studio version:

Help->About SAP HANA Studio.

It will be like

Version: 1.0.27

Build id: 201205021925 (361805)

Here 1.0.27 means -> 1.0 version and Revision is 27 and Build No is : 361805

To know the HANA DB version:

Right click the System(Eg:IN1 (SYSTEM)) under Navigator->Properties...->Version History

This will list all the versions using which the DB is upgraded and the Installation Time.The top most one would be current version of your HANA DB

From Revision 20 and above,its SP3 and the previous Revisions are SP2.And the current Revision in the market is 27 which is SP3.

To know more about,what are the limitations of SAP 1.0 SP2

http://www.bluefinsolutions.com/insights/blog/the_sap_hana_faq_answering_key_sap_in_memory_questions...

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali, Do we have any documentation/pointer which says, Revision 20 and above,its SP3 please??

thanks,

Tilak

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer the HANA Release Information discussed in the SCN Thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2130956

Rgds,

Murali

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tilak,

i would say if you want to check this, just query the following view, and you have it all.

select version from m_database

"1.00.102.00.1442292917"

indicates => major.minor.patch.build

Thanks,

Shaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer below:

SAP HANA Appliance Software SPS 04 contains SAP HANA database Revision 28 (see SAP Note 1700750) - 1703675

SAP HANA Appliance Software SPS 05 contains SAP HANA database Revision 45 (see SAP Note 1793917) - 1771591

SAP HANA platform SPS 06 contains SAP HANA database Revision 60 (see SAP Note 1880274) - 1848976

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can run the following query in your SQL console:

select * from "SYS"."M_DATABASE";

from this you will get the revision number of your HANA Server. This revision number directly maps to the SP number, e.g. 1.00.51.XXXXXX will mean SP05, 1.00.31.XXXXXX will mean SP03.

Also going in Help -> about will give the version of your HANA Studio (your frontend) not the Database Version. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.00.51.XXXXXX will mean SP05, 1.00.31.XXXXXX will mean SP03. 

Yes, this answered the question. Because SP0X is showed in the posters and ads while there is no exact number or sign for that in the HANA studio.

vivekranjan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Here is how to know the HANA DB version from HANA Studio.

1. Select and right click on the HANA DB connection in the Navigator panel.

2. Click on Properties menu item to bring up the properties window.

3. Click on the Version History on the left and you will see the current as well as previous versions of selected HANA DB Instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the HANA studio, go to help menu and select ABout.  will show you the version info.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Help-> About will show you Studio version and not DB version.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

Ravi is correct about finding the HDB version from the Studio.

You need MONITOR_ADMIN previlege under "System Previleges" to see this screen or ask your system user to verify the DB version.

BR,

Khadar

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

Can you please try the following:

Unfortunately I don't have Admin access on my HANA DB hence can't check and confirm.

When you open the Administration Editor, the Overview tab is the first tab to be displayed. There are

eight tabs that make up the Administration Editor. These are:

? Overview

? Landscape

? Alerts

? Performance

? Volumes

? Configuration

? System Information

? Diagnosis Files

The General System Information section of the Overview tab page shows

Version This is the database version. The Version link opens the version history dialog box.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi