Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SAP instances in MMC console??

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could't able to see SAP instances under console root-? SAP R/3 Systems?

It says below error in adminators event viewer.....any ideas to revolve this...

"The SAPPRD_00 service was unable to log on as .\SAPServicePRD with the currently configured password due to the following error:

Logon failure: the specified account password has expired.

To ensure that the service is configured properly, use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.";

"DCOM got error "The service did not start due to a logon failure. " attempting to start the service SAPPRD_00 with arguments "-Service" in order to run the server:

{EFC29CC0-A03C-11D0-A1F2-0000F62893CC}"

Please help me why no instances are showing up in my MMC

Thanks

Manohar

Message was edited by:

Manohar Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you changed the password of SAPServicePRD ? or check whether this user is locked or something like that ... check these things in Windows level

Thanks

Prince

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prince.

Am not so familier with looking these accout details. Could you let me know where do I look into?

Many thanks for your prompt response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to my computer , right click select manage then local users and group , from there users , you can see the user there

Is it a domain installation or Local installation , take help of your OS guys .. do you have any password policy in your company like change the password in 6 months etc ?? is it a production system ?

Thanks

Prince

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No its on my standalone system not a production.

I could see prdadm, SAPServicePRF and administrator users (which i am using now).

As it says password expired..can i change it here? does it harm anyway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

then give a new password , also go to services and change the password for these user ..

for this go to run enter service.msc and enter

then you will get a windown , there find service SAPPRD_00 double click and go to LOg on tab , check there you can see the user which you changed the password there , if you see , change the password there to new password you just changed. also check whether any other services runnign under that user , if yes changes the password

thanks Prince

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prince.

I did changed the password. But I did'nt able to find service.msc application in run mode? Is this the right one?

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yah I could able to change password of SAPPRD_00. but what do you mean by

"check whether any other services runnign under that user , if yes changes the password"

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great...finally i could able to run SAP system now

Answers (0)