cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency with Decimal four digit for Export sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

We are Implementing to China Client we have a requirement, for one of export customer they are maintaining decimals with four digits.

where for Domestic Customer they follow two digit.

in OY04 if Currency decimal is maintained to four digit for export currency.

what will be effect on currency exchange and accounting entries for exports

and also give some guidance how to go about.

regrds

Kiran Nazare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

i can't see any difficulties/issues on exchange function (if you're still on standard)...

you can also run SE11 (SE16) for table TCURX and see the sap' default records(decimals).

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PPIO

Thanks for ur Valuable reply

I have a doubt in sales price can we maintain currency with 4 decimal for one Export  customer (USD) and 2 Decimal to Domestic customers(RMB)

and all financial reports are in 2 Decimals only which will not have any effect.

Regds

Kiran Nazare

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

one of the options would be a custom report(s) for that particualr export customer...(to show 4 decimals)

but you need to speak to business to get exact requirements.

regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

one of export customer they are maintaining decimals with four digits.

You have not mentioned exactly what object(s) is being maintained to four decimal precision.  Since this is a sales forum, I will assume it has something to do with pricing.

I strongly suggest that you avoid such OY04 changes.  Standard SAP can accommodate any pricing functionality, using only two decimals.  One merely changes the base.

For example, if the issue were selling price, and the price were 'Yuan 0.1234 per Each', you would merely maintain the price as 'Yuan 123.40 per thousand'.  Similar functionality exists for all other currency-related objects.

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49

Thanks for Valuable answer

I just Checked OY04 for USD Currency decimal is already maintained as 5 but during my Pricing VK11 its restricting to 2.

Is there any special setting for the same in either pricing procedure for Exports or Customer.

Any Check points to be maintained.

In Exchange rate setting also its diplaying as five decimals.

So Kindly suggest how to go about.

regds

Kiran Nazare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

The Solution for the Above thread has been found

In standard SAP we have currency as USDN which has 5 digits after decimal and the same currency can be used to the above thread.

I also thank every one for valuable contribution

Kiran Nazare