cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPMMC can't start two instances.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all I would like to say that I am a SCM consultant and have tried to installed SAP IDES ECC and SCM in a windows server 2008.

I think I have succesfully installed 2 instances and I have logged into both systems before. But today I am facing the following problem:

In sapmmc I have 3 instances:

SAP ECC

SAP DDA

SAP APO

It turns out that that if ECC is started first, APO gets yellow and viceversa. SAP DDA always work.

The system that gets yellow has disp+work.exe with the following message: "SAP MNT running but not connected to the message server".

and then it stops. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

(PD. PLease answer with very detailed information as this is  the first time I deal with an installation).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like the server configuration is not enough to handle all the three system running in parallel.

Especially, as you mentioned IDES version - the virtual memory on the server might not be enough to handle the simultaneous running of the three instances.

Check the RAM size of the server, and the amount virtual memory/paging area available.

Also check in folder ..\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEB..\work for each SID. Here the last updated files like dev_w0 will have more information as to why the instance has not started.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks for help.

I increase the paging memory and it worked nicely.

Answers (0)