cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Proxy to SOAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have proxy to SOAP Synchronous  scenario. While the interface runs fine most of the time, some times it gives error as shown below

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out</SAP:AdditionalText

This is coming in while adapter ( SOAP ) tries to send the message to Service.

Can you please advice if this is coming to due service not avaiable ( slow) as normally 503 errors pops up for this. Also since its

showing message exception my doubt is when the transition is happening between adapter engine & IE, then this message is coming up

Although the volume  is not too high ( there 8 parallel threads calling this service) , service hosting system did not got any error

Following is full error in MONI

<SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category> 
<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code> 
<SAP:P1 /> 
<SAP:P2 /> 
<SAP:P3 /> 
<SAP:P4 /> 
<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry> 

</SAP:Error>

Adapter log

Time Stamp Type Description

05.05.2012 17:35:54 Information The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Protocol: XI URL: http://xxxxxxx.xx-xxxx.x.xxx.net:50000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI Credential (User): PIISUSER

05.05.2012 17:35:54 Information Using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the request queue.

05.05.2012 17:35:54 Information Message successfully put into the queue.

05.05.2012 17:35:54 Information The message was successfully retrieved from the request queue.

05.05.2012 17:35:54 Information The message status was set to DLNG.

05.05.2012 17:35:54 Information Delivering to channel: Com_Recv_SOAP

05.05.2012 17:35:54 Information MP: entering1

05.05.2012 17:35:54 Information MP: processing local module localejbs/sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/XISOAPAdapterBean

05.05.2012 17:35:54 Information SOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST

05.05.2012 17:39:03 Error SOAP: call failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

05.05.2012 17:39:03 Error SOAP: error occured: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

05.05.2012 17:39:03 Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

05.05.2012 17:39:03 Error Adapter Framework caught exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

05.05.2012 17:39:03 Error Delivering the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out. Setting message to status failed.

Thanks & Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You might want to consult How to Investigate Timeouts In Synchronous XI PI Scenarios - http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16238

Usually, this can be remedied by adjust some ICM parameters as stated in the document above.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I went through the guide earlier. I am not able to pin point where the error is. On the broader scale i am looking at if this in PI ( in adapter or IE) or this due to slowness in the service which i am calling via SOAP. If anyone have any insight of this, please advice.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem appears to me that it could be sudden network slowness between your system and target server or the target system could be down for maintanence tasks or it could be down due to server issues.. When you have issues like that also please check the same test via webservice client like soapui or xmlspy then you will decide the problem is within pi or not. IMO, the problem is not in PI. It is at the target end.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

In addition to Mark and Baskar you should research if the problem could be the XML size and to create an xml smaller in order to facilate the external web service to process it.

Also you could see that the problem is where Raja, Mark and Baskar metioned

05.05.2012 17:35:54 Information SOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST

05.05.2012 17:39:03 Error SOAP: call failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

You could increase the timeout value:

Note 893713 - XI 3.0 SOAP receiver adapter with explicit timeout

Note 856597 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 SOAP Adapter

But the timeout seems to be throw  by the endpoint because the PI SOAP timeout is by default 5 minutes.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the message. The timeout has already being increased to 10 mins ( as suggested)

One more thing, this is load size but high volume interface, which means that there 8 parallel thread working at any time. The load per message not big ( just 10 lines of XML)

Can i assume that the issue is In Adapter engine as it if failed to come out after entering it.

Regards

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where do you see this error in the pipeline step? I believe you get this error in call adapter step. The message shows clearly that PI could not able to make connection with the target system.  This is clearly a communication (interruption) problem between PI and webservice.  Since this happens not all the times, no firewall port opening issue at your end. Please discuss with webservice team.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Harry,

I agree with Baskar, the problem seems a connection issue. Is the PI or the webservice endpoint behind any firewall?, may be the ports are not open.

Regards.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It looks your receiver system taking very long time to give response back or target system having some issue it seems.

If it is sync interface then  response should get in short time else you might get this kind of errors.

Best regards,

Raj