cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable Material as VERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement in which in sales order i am have material-X and with Material-X i am also providing tools with that Material-X. now those tools are returnable tools. Tools are in 3 sizes .

Material-50 inches(tool)

Material-55 inches(tool)

Material-60 inches(tool)

once work done we will get these tools back we issue them for project. Kindly tell me do i use LEIH or VERP as a material type or i use it as an item category . Do i have to include these tools as returnable packaging material or just returnable material. Example below

Finished material 50 inches item category VERP or LEIH

OR

VERP Materail 50 inches item category NORM

Kindly guide me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go for either of the two - returnable material or returnable packaging material.

The most important configurations would be -

1. at item category level VOV7 -

- field Return has to be activated

- field Pricing: relevant or not, what to give?

- field Billing relevance: order related or delivery related - When do you want to give the customer credit memo (or money back for the "extra" returnable material), assuming that in the initial sales order the price of these material was included.

if not include then:

- field Statistical should be activated

2. at sales document type VOV8 -

- field Reference Mandatory = M (invoice)

- fields dlv related billing or Ord related billing

The process is

S.O (with main material and other returnable material) > delivery > billing document > order (for returnable material) > delivery (returns, i.e. GR is done not GI) > credit memo (if customer is paying for these goods in the SO)

Get above information (point 1 and 2) from your client and then proceed.

FYI - for returnable packaing material, LEIH is a better option, relevant to that is - check:

in VOV8 LAB,

in VOV7 LANB and RBN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks TW . Very well explained.

But i have some questions here.

I am using simple sales order ZOR . basically we pour cement and for that we use different pipes but we have to mention which pipe were used for that specific cement and for that i am creating line item like Pipe-50 which is returnable after work done. Now in this case do i use material type VERP/LEIH or i use finished material with item category VERP/LEIH.

10 Cement

20 Pipe-50

What would you suggest. I am pricing on whole item . but we get our pipe back once we complete our work.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest the below -

The material type = LEIH (returnable packaging)

Item category group (in MMR, Sales: Sales organization 2) = VERP

Item category = RBN

Sales document type = LAB (or copy thereof)

Please see the above in combination with fields and process mentioned in my earlier post.

Answers (0)