SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U FICA Tax posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dear experts i have a requirement in is-u fica tax posting into a related gl accounts...

my questions are:

when we are posting any transaction system will pic related tax code for related posting document it means that system post all applicable taxes amounts as an one posting. to assigned gl accounts in ek02.

the above process there is no place to system identify to post related separate gl accounts for related specified gl accounts ( like in one tax code we are maintaining 3 types tax capabilities service tax, education cess, hr educationcess in one tax code.for this system has to pic three separate gl for separate posting of amounts)

for achieving the above splitting of document while posting a transaction how we have to specify...

my R/D area for this effects does it works...?

in posting area 0010 we need to specify related account keys to related gl accounts.

assignment related tax code to related gl accounts in ek02..

if any thing more area we need to specify it please try to suggest me ..

it's very urgent for me to solve the issue....

thanks..

honey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your requirement is to post to different Tax G/L accounts from within the same Tax Code, then you need to assign different Tax transaction keys to each type of tax clalculation. This is on Tax Code maintenance in Global Settings.

Then (as you state) in Posting Area 0010, you can assign different (unique) GL Accounts to each Tax Transaction Key.

EK02 just allocates the Tax Code based on Main/Sub and Account Determination ID. Tax G/L Accounts are allocated in Posting Area 0010.

Looks like you are on the right track.

Regards,

Ivor M.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your requirement is to post to different Tax G/L accounts from within the same Tax Code, then you need to assign different Tax transaction keys to each type of tax clalculation. This is on Tax Code maintenance in Global Settings.

Then (as you state) in Posting Area 0010, you can assign different (unique) GL Accounts to each Tax Transaction Key.

EK02 just allocates the Tax Code based on Main/Sub and Account Determination ID. Tax G/L Accounts are allocated in Posting Area 0010.

Looks like you are on the right track.

Regards,

Ivor M.

0 Kudos

hi dear livor..

the area which i told working fine...

but my current issue is when i am trying to post tax related transaction (service tax related transaction) my tax amounts should be add to the main amount, but in my case it's  deducting..

normally for deducting the amounts on which base, in my case i wants to add the amounts to to related main amount.

once posting is effecting in FI level means in tax code configuration vise it's working fine.

in fica level is there any area to define the adding r else deducting of tax..i am it's not

if it's can u suggest me how i have to proceed to complete this process..

thanks..

Honey...