cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in BW 7.3 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are getting an error while doing the NW 7.0 EHP1 to NW 7.3 SPS05 upgrade.

An error has occurred during the execution of the DEPLOY_ONLINE_SHD_DM phase.

Error while executing DeploymentManager phase with action deploySlot. Check the log files for the specified action. Deployment error. See log /db2/PWB/sapdata1/upg/java/log/deploy_api.0.log for details. com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.DeployException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1027] DeploymentException. Reason: ASJ.dpl_dc.001085 Operation [deploy] of [sap.com_tc~lm~itsam~lmr~app] failed com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.DeploymentException: ASJ.dpl_dc.001085 Operation [deploy] of [sap.com_tc~lm~itsam~lmr~app] failed com.sap.engine.services.dc.gd.DeliveryException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DC.3298] Operation [deploy] of [sap.com_tc~lm~itsam~lmr~app] failed com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.utils.DSRemoteException: ASJ.dpl_ds.006193 Operation [deploy] of [/db2/PWB/sapdata1/upg/java/PJD/JC40/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/tc~bl~deploy_controller/archives/32/LMTOOLS05_0-10008055_SCA1336236472312/DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~tc~lm~itsam~lmr~app.ear] failed com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Exception during generating components of [sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~lmr~app] application in [webservices_container] container. java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.schema2java.SchemaToJavaGenerator.setProviderSide(Z)V

You can find more information in the log file /db2/PWB/sapdata1/upg/java/log/DEPLOY_ONLINE_SHD_DM_DLD_03.LOG.

Use the information provided to troubleshoot the problem. An SAP Note may provide a solution to this problem. Search for SAP Notes with the following key words: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeDeploymentManager com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.PhaseException Error while executing DeploymentManager phase with action deploySlot. Check the log files for the specified action. DEPLOY_ONLINE_SHD_DM INSTALL_SHADOW_ENGINE UPGRADE NetWeaver Upgrade SAPJup Java Upgrade

When reporting problems to SAP Support, attach the trouble ticket file /db2/PWB/sapdata1/upg/java/log/TroubleTicket_05.txt to your message.

Has anybody faced such error earlier.

Thanks,

Dnyandev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Thanks for your reply.  We had tried these suggestions, and while we were able to work past sap.com~tc~lm~itsam~lrm~app.ear as described, we got a subsequent error on sap.com~gcwebservice as part of the EP-APPS-EXT component.  This component throws the same Java NoSuchMethod error com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.schema2java.SchemaToJavaGenerator.setProviderSide(Z)V

Similar workaround proved successful for this sda, but then there was another after that, and another after that.... and so on.

We reevaluated our approach at this point, and decided to adapt a known-good sps stack xml from a previous test system upgrade to BI Java 7.30SP5.  This was successful and we have completed our BI Java upgrade without further issue.

I think we can conclude that the sps stacks being calculated by Maintenance Optimizer for 730SP5 have become inconsistent sometime between 20Apr12 and 02May12, and the flaw still exists as of 07May12.  I don't believe these packages could possibly work as presently delivered by SAP?

We note that the component delta here is MESSAGING_05 PL 09 -> PL 10 and J2EE-FRMW PL 0 -> PL 8. 

thanks

-Justin Burmeister

Alexion Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Justin/Varun,

We are currently upgrading our production Netweaver Portal with BI Java add-on and are experiencing exactly the same problem. The development portal went fine, but now we have this issue.

Did you already find a solution for this?

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

We ended up adapting a known-good spstab xml file, in order to get past this issue - which appears to us to be the result of an inconsistent java queue being proposed by maintenance optimizer for 7.30SP5 in recent weeks. 

Perhaps a customer message and direct instructions from SAP would be appropriate here -  

We did not have the luxury of time due to impending go-live, so ended up doing a quick hack -

(**This would not be supported by SAP**  **Use at your own risk**  **One data entry error, at best would throw weird errors in your prepare phase; at worst could corrupt your java code base beyond recognition**  **Backup your OS and DB before proceeding, including the central transport directory**)

If you have the support pack stack xml from your Dev system which had no issues - you could copy it to a new filename, and replace all of the hostname and SID references for the Java and ABAP application and DB servers.  You'll also need to adjust the sps index file in EPS/in to reference your new custom sp stack xml (for this SID), and reference same in the prepare param entry phases.

This has the added benefit of ensuring you are rolling out the exact same java component SP's/PL's as your Dev system, which arguably we should be doing anyways.    Next time, would suggest a CROSSTAB.xml be generated, to be consumed by all of the systems in your landscape. SolMan system landscape data needs to be aligned by software landscape (rather than by environment) for this to work I think.

Good luck!

-JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

Thank you for your quick reply. I used Telnet to patch the servertools and then i was able to continue the installation.,

Kind regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joost,

We are also badly struck in our SAP Netweaver 7.0 to 7.3 upgrade with the same issue. Could you please brief me more details on what exactly you have done to overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nalini,

Our solution was to use telnet and patch the servertools. Search help.sap.com or sdn to find more information how to patch using TELNET.

Kind regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

Thank you very much for the information. By doing so we are also able to proceed further to Downtime phase. In the downtime phase step MAIN_NEWBAS/TABIM_POST is taking indefinite time (running from last 10 hours) and there is no resource utilization as well. Did you also come across any such problem during the Netweaver upgrade to 7.3?

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

We did not come across this problem during the upgrade.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Joost

0 Kudos

Hi,

The root cause is due to one method is missing in

your system, and this method is include in jar file:

sap.com~tc~bl~base_webservices_lib.jar

which belongs to component SERVERCORE.The soultion is to update

SERVERCORE to 730_04_02( SERVERCORE04P_3-10007988.SCA ) .The

deploymnet has to done via telnet on shadow instance. Let me know it

worked or not .

regards,

Varun,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun - we are experiencing the exact same problem with our BI Java upgrade to 7.3 - error in DEPLOY_ONLINE_SHD_DM, with the same errors on sap.com~tc~lm~itsam~lrm~app.ear WS activation -

SERVERCORE04P_3 is no longer available for download from swdc, but we did acquire SERVERCORE04P_12-10007988.SCA (which I assume has the same prereqs in sap.com~tc~bl~base_webservices_lib.jar) -

Tried to apply this via telnet deploy to the shadow instance #06 using default switches, and received indications that this downloaded SCA is a lower version that what is already deployed - :

---

===== END DEPLOY RESULT =====

===== Summary - Deploy Result - Start =====

------------------------

Type | Status  : Count

------------------------

> SCA(s)

- [AlreadyDeployed] : [1]

> SDA(s)

- [AlreadyDeployed] : [172]

------------------------

------------------------

Type | Status  : Id

------------------------

> SCA(s)

- [AlreadyDeployed] : sap.com_SERVERCORE,

> SDA(s)

- [AlreadyDeployed] : sap.com_SERVERCORE/sap.com_cluster, sap.com_SERVERCORE/

sap.com_tc~je~ejb~metadata~model, sap.com_SERVERCORE/sap.com_tc~bl~deploy~dc_sdm

SERVERCORE/sap.com_connector, sap.com_SERVERCORE/sap.com_tc~bl

~base_webservices_lib, sap.com_SERVERCORE/sap.com_tc~i18n~cp, sap.com_SERVERCORE

/sap.com_activation_api_ri

===== Summary - Deploy Result - End =====

---

So far as I can tell, SERVERCORE is ahead of LM-TOOLS in sequence of the Shadow instance deployment, so SERVERCORE_05_0 was deployed -

I tried to run just the 04P version of sap.com_tc~bl~base_webservices_lib component in the telnet deploy with version_rule=all override, and that deployed OK - however rerun of Upgrade phase still fails, probably because SERVERCORE_05_0 is still ahead of LM-TOOLS in line, and the upgrade redeployed 05_0 again -

Before I try to get too clever here - would you suggest a manual deploy of 04P_12 sap.com_tc~bl~base_webservices_lib and then a manual deploy 05_0  sap.com~tc~lm~itsam~lrm~app.ear and then run the upgrade phase (which will presumably not repeat the already-deployed component LM-TOOLS component?)

thanks

-Justin Burmeister

0 Kudos

Hi Justin,,

Make sure the LMTOOLS and SERVECORE  are of same level. Both have to be SP4 or SP5. They cannot be of different level. You may have to re-deploy same version of both the components.  Check which SP of LMTOOLS is the upgrade using . You have to deploy the same version of SERVECORE. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun