cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Address Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I am aware, for a situation where users will use internet to connect to the SAP Instance,  each must have a unique IP4. Or is there a way of routing it using LAN IP address / Mac Address?

Can we achieve this by using Routing table / port configs on the Network Router (without using SAP Router i.e)  then using Routing String (maybe) at GUI/ Hostfile at client/ desktop to route it to the correct machine.

So can we access SAP Machines with Router IP address (External) of 200.197.99.89 and LAN address of 192.168.0.50, 192.168.0.51, 192.168.0.52, 192.168.0.53 for each of internal machines address with SAP separate instances running.

Or do we need to procure separate Static IP for each machine and config the DNS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

From your question, all I can understand is that you want to access your SAP server over the internet using Public IP for this purpose.

Please follow the tips below and I am providing you this with the sole intention of making your server accessible over the internet.

1. Your IP is 200.197.99.89.

2. Your Local IP of system where SAP is installed is : 192.168.0.50(Assumption)

3. Please forward IP address range 3200-3299 from your public IP 200.197.99.89 to system 192.168.0.50.

Now, please note that to connect to SAP you dont need static ip in your landscape, all you need is static local ip on system where SAP is installed.

Now to Access this system over internet :

In place of Application Server in SAP logon Pad, enter the public IP 200.197.99.89

Instance Number: Instance number of your SAP system.

SID : SID of your SAP System

Cheers,

Sharib Tasneem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shareeb,

I have more than one SAP system, with identical system numbers. And thats the catch.

Anand

I could potentially solve it, if it has different sytem numbers because 3200 would forward to 1 IP1, 3201 would forward to IP2 etc. Can someone verify this?

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

In that case the best suggestion is to use SAP Router, as it will resolve all your problem. If you have a SAP license then you can install SAP router in your landscape.

For ABAP webdynpro ports you can change to different ports in our landscape.

Cheers,

Sharib Tasneem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharib

I think we cannot avoid SAP routers without making it complicated and unmanageable.

Anand

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Anand, you are right.

Cheers,

Sharib Tasneem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all let clear u some doubts which i understand.....

Every SAP instance have separate IP address ok, ask your vendor what IP address has been assign to your SAP server., some time they have to map(sub net mask etc).

If u r using LAN no need to connect through SAP Router unless until if u r using from out side from the organization i.e., the system which your using not in your LAN then u have to connect through u r SAP Router.

Once SAP Router has been configure u have to make entries of all your SAP Server IP address in SAP Routab, and also check the ports 3200,3299 ports has been opened or not from your network side to connect your SAP Server.

For port opening u can contact u r Network Engineer he may also do entries of all SAP Server in the Fire wall port......

Correct me guy's if i was wrong.....

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil.

I think probably you misunderstood my question. I am aware of how to do it within LAN and using SAP Router (when accessing from internet).

I was trying to find an alternative, should the routing be handled outside of SAP system and we dont want to expose all of our SAP servers to internet, directly without passing through firewall at the router.

I have found another alternative suggested at sapfans, which I think looks interesting.

Anand