cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between LDAP and ABAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

kudos experts,

we have installed a AS abap system Nw 7.02.... i m facing one issue regarding LDAP and SSO

i have configured LDAP in my AS ABAP system, LDAP configuration is working very well as m asble to fetch all the datat from LDAP

the issue m facing is when i am trying to exeute the end user login service it asks me for credetials, which i dont want.

My requirement is tht whenver the user hits the URL of end user logon which will b provided by me he should be directed to the main page by bypassing LOGIN page.

i was thinking about SSO between LDAP and ABAP system, bt m slight confused about the steps to implement the same

currenly m reading the following link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/44/0ebf6c9b2b0d1ae10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

along with this some other links as well

kindly advice me on same as early as possible

thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you are able to retrieve data in your nwas from ldap, maybe it's just "Integrated Windows Authentication" flag in the client.

let me know

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi andrea

thank you very much for ur immediate attention, bt cn u plz elaborate ur point of nwas??

what is nwas?

m able to retrive sata from my LDAP system into my application server AS ABAP also m able to search the perticular user from LDAP using AS ABAP using tcode

plzz advice me

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

nwas is the  Netweaver Application Server.

Maybe you can check the following post steps will be similar.

http://scn.sap.com/people/gregor.wolf/blog/2004/10/09/integrated-windows-authentication-with-sap-ep-...

I Hope it helps you.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have one more question here, the link which u have providedme also include settings for user managment of portal...

i do not have any portal my system,m is purly abap system...

still can i do the setting only for integrated windows authentication???

regrets for inconvenience.... plzzz reply as early as possible

thanks and regards,

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

Of course, you can use LDAP for ABAP SAP System.

In order to configure you must read similar post:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3149887

Hope this helps you.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts

Sargan, i read the link u gave it is wuit help ful,

but rt now i am in search of a method where in i dnt have to configure SNC parameter as i will have large no of users in sap system and configuring SNC parameter for all of them in su01 will be very difficult

plzz let me know if there is any way of doing it

i  able to retrive data from ldap  in sap system using tcode LDAP, also have synched all the users available in LDAP in to our sap system

plz advice me as early as possible

thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts

Sargan, i read the link u gave it is wuit help ful,

but rt now i am in search of a method where in i dnt have to configure SNC parameter as i will have large no of users in sap system and configuring SNC parameter for all of them in su01 will be very difficult

plzz let me know if there is any way of doing it

i  able to retrive data from ldap  in sap system using tcode LDAP, also have synched all the users available in LDAP in to our sap system

plz advice me as early as possible

thanks and regards

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you update the parameter by su10 ?

I Recommend you Check it first on a Test environment.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

greatful for ur immediate attention... i also thot of SU10 bt we have 6 ldap system for configuratuion..

that is the reson i asked if there is any other way of doing it. also SNC will allow login without password and user id only for launch pad (correct me if wrong)..

i will also need to use my application on web browser.. (i dont have any portal only abap system.. end user login URL will be used to llogin via web browser) there will it work ???

thanx and regards

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

that is the reson i asked if there is any other way of doing it. also SNC will allow login without password and user id only for launch pad (correct me if wrong)..

I think that you need to configure one by one. You're right.

i will also need to use my application on web browser.. (i dont have any portal only abap system.. end user login URL will be used to llogin via web browser) there will it work ???

It should works,

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan

One method of using windows authentication I know is using Kerberos

For ex : when I have loged in to my winodws machine with my own password and user which is alos in LDAP ,same can be used to login to SAP links like portal

When I click on those links I will be automaticlly logged in to portal or ABAP BSP link or any other

I am not sure on this configuration if works with which all SAP apps on windows only or other

Please check below links which my guide you if you may nwat to see this option

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/4bd58c6c5e5f34e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/people/wai-hon.lam/blog/2006/04/20/windows-integrated-authentication-via-kerberos...

Have a good one !!

-Ganesh