cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Develop a Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many blogs describing how to configure XI to sommunicate with Webservices but so far I have seen none that talk of Developing and Deploying a webservice on XI.

Could someone point me in the direction of a blog or let me know the necessary steps for developing a webservice and the deploying it on XI...

What software can I use... is there any available for free... I would be interested to use the software that Siva Maranani shows in his blog... does anyone know the name of it?

Message was edited by:

Ricardo Mendez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

For creating the webservice he has used Netweaver Developer Studio. You can download this from Market place. Then you build the jar or ear files using the blog. Then you give this to your Basis guys so that they will deploy this webservice in J2EE. They will deploy using SDM which is in Visual Administrator. Once they deploy, then you can get the WSDL as shown in the weblog and get going. Complete all the steps given in the weblog and activate.

For testing the web service he has used XML SPY. This you will get free download from net. Download this and test your webservice.

For testing you can use XML SPY or STYLUS STUDIO or MindReef SOAP Scope. This all are free downloads.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

U can use ALTOVA XML SPY - this is the tool shown in the blog

Creating and Exposing BAPI as Web Service and using it in Web Dynpro

/people/sridhar.k2/blog/2006/09/12/creating-and-exposing-bapi-as-web-service-and-using-it-in-web-dynpro

Hope it helps

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the follwing blog

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2131 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

please reward points

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

Check this weblog where he had defined how to build a webservice and deployment of webservice. Also he has mentioned the steps to be followed in XI:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Once you develop this you can test this using this weblog:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services

---Satish