cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Action not created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following the blog by Riccardo I have successfully set up email actions for ChaRM when the status of the SDCR changes, as well as when the status of the SDMJ changes. However, there is one scenario for which I have not had success.

By default, after a SDCR has been authorized (it is given the status Authorized) a SDMJ is automatically created. If the SDMJ is cancelled (it is given the Status Withdrawn) the SDCR status automatically becomes To Be Approved. I would like to capture the status change of the SDCR back to To Be Approved and email the change manager so that they can follow up with the person who cancelled the SDMJ. Unfortunately, I have not been successful in setting up the action definition and conditions; the action is not being scheduled.

Here are the actions I have created. The highlighted one is not working.

Action Profile

Action Definition

Schedule Condition (Status was)

Start Condition (Status is)

Processing Time

Send Email

Email Intended For

SDCR

Z_EMAIL_SDCR_CREATED

To Be Approved

Immediate

Once

Change Manager

SDCR

Z_EMAIL_SDCR_REJECTED

To Be Approved

Rejected

Upon Save

Once

Requestor

SDCR

Z_EMAIL_SDCR_AUTHORIZED

To Be Approved

Authorized

Upon Save

Once

Requestor

SDCR

Z_EMAIL_SDCR_TOBEAPPROVED

Authorized

To Be Approved

Immediate

Each Time

Change Manager

SDCR

Z_EMAIL_SDCR_CONFIRMED

Implemented

Confirmed

Upon Save

Once

Requestor

SDMJ_ACTIONS

Z_EMAIL_SDMJ_INDEVELOPMENT

To Be Tested

In Development

Upon Save

Each Time

Developer

SDMJ_ACTIONS

Z_EMAIL_SDMJ_CONSOLIDATED

To Be Tested

Consolidated

Upon Save

Once

Change Manager

SDMJ_ACTIONS

Z_EMAIL_SDMJ_TOBETESTED

In Development

To Be Tested

Upon Save

Each Time

Tester

Riccardo's blog has the following tip, but when I ran this transaction it did not help.

Tip

When the action weren't scheduled and you check your customizing on and on without finding an error, you might execute the consistency check of transaction SPPFCADM:

Does anyone know where I have gone wrong?

Thanks,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this scenario, you have to use the action SET_PREDOC Switch Status of Preceding Document, this actoin adjust the status as you stated above

please read this too http://scn.sap.com/thread/997138

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Jansi. I looked into setting up the SET_PREDOC action as you suggested, but based on what I read in the other thread it seems to be already done in Solman 7.0 EHP1. I might not be fully understanding the purpose of the action.

I am also stuck on why my user-defined action is not being scheduled (it does not appear in the Actions list) even though the schedule condition (SDCR status is Authorized) is being met. Might it be a bug?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is addressed in Note 1275036 - Linking action execution and status change. The one issue I am experiencing right now is that two email are being sent instead of just one.