cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a problem with the mount point for Kernel DVD Upgrade Solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am doing an upgrade to Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 from Solman 7.0 EHP1 SP28, when the SOLMANUP tool, asked me about to: Enter at least the mount point containing "Kernel DVD", then I unzip the related object 51042613_10 and give the path of my download directory + SOLMAN_7.1_SR1_Krnl_LINUX_x86_onP_zS_\DATA_UNITS or even with only the SOLMAN_7.1_SR1_Krnl_LINUX_x86_onP_zS_ then the SOLMANUP is telling me that the request data carrier is not mounted on any of the mount points that you entered and that the scope is corrupted, any advice about it, I am teking the wrong object or the path is wrong?, by the way our OS is Linux on x86_64 64bit.

Thanks for your advices,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By SAP Support the solution of this problem was:

Hi Paul, thanks for this, I think I see the problem

The Kernel DVD 51042613 should contain the folders

K_720_U_LINUX_X86_64 (or K_720_N_LINUX_X86_64 for non-unicode)

SL_CONTROLLER_700

SL_CONTROLLER_720

UM_USER_ENV_DBINDEP * (not needed in LABELIDX.ASC)

UM_USER_ENV_ORA     * (not needed in LABELIDX.ASC)

in the DATA_UNITS folder and the LABELIDX.ASC file in the DATA_UNITS

foldershould contain those entries as well.

Can you add these to these to the folder and check the LABELIDX.ASC file

and update if needed

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we had this problem, too.
SUM or SolManUp have problems with directory path with space and points on unix systems like .../SOLMAN_7.1_SR1_Krnl_AIX__z_OS__SOL

It is solved by using .../SOLMAN_7_1_SR1_Krnl_AIX__z_OS__SOL in path.

regards
Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi, I had that old media (the one at the link) and when it requested the Kernel DVD, I just put the right DVD number and path and everything worked fne, but for some errors in another step I had to download the new SR1 media, and now I am giving all the possibles paths and none works.

Hello Jagadish, ir says that the media is the right one for my OS and DB.

Could be that there are some data remaining from the other media in my system so it is not reading correctly this new one?.

How Could I erase any trace of the upgrade?, I usually delete the SOLMANUP, delete the data in the table uvers.

Is there any other suggestion about this issue?

Thans for the replies,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Moreover please also check the label.asc file in the path mentioned for kernel DVD. whether it's the correct kernel for your OS and DB.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

problem could be anything, like u missed some of the files while downloading, or you downloaded wrong files or you have not mounted properly.

have you followed the upgrade guide?

And the below similar blog giving some suggestions, please read this and try whether match it your case http://scn.sap.com/thread/2089631

Thanks,

Jansi