Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% Live Cache Impacts on APO system performance

rahul_agarwal5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a situation of 100% LC usage for our Productive APO system & this has been the case for last 2 months but have not faced any issues.

Can you please explain what kind of issues can come up due to this kind of LC situation ? ie Performance, Job failures,New Data load failures etc.

Also, please suggest any kind of temporary solution can be there apart from increasing the LC size.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Your screen shot seems to indicate that the LC data cache is 99% full.

The main issue i would imagine you are going to face with this is the reduced performance of the system. If LC is not able to hold all data in memory you are going to be seeing a much larger number of reads to physical disk, greatly reducing the performance. I suggest you have a look to see if you have any more pyhsical memory available on the server to allocate to LC data cache.

If a lot of the cache is consummed by history data you can look to reduce the retention time. This is a dynamic change so doesnt require any downtime.

Thanks

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

please open an OSS-Tickt to component BC-DB-LVC. I think the colleauges should have a look at your system to analyse the prolbem.

Regards, Mathias