cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Security - Role setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Iam trying to setup role is MDM Console.

I have created role for Security team and granted READ\WRITE access to the tables USERS and ROLES and Functions -add Records, Modify Records and Delete Records.

But the user with this role is not able to perform any security related tasks like creation of user, modifying of user and craetion or modification of users.

Kindly guide me .

Thank You

Suma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Kindly check if you have provided read/write access to following functions in MDM console:

Under Records: Modify Records is Execute

Add Records is Execute

Under Schema: Modify Table, Modify Field and Modify Schema Object, Add Schema Object and Delete Schema Object should be Execute.

Under Administration: Modify Repository Properties may not be required but for safety sake you can provide access to this function as well.

And under tab Tables and Fields

Roles and Users table should have read/write access.

I have strike through the irrelevant settings as those are not required if user is supposed to work on Roles and Users table only.

I hope this will solve your problem. Thank you.

Message was edited by: Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

It seems you also need to give functional privilege to the user.

Let me explain,if the user has access to write on User/Roles table and he is not allowed the function to Modify Table,then it might stop him from doing so.

My recommendation would be to test after giving the user schema and administration related functions,test after allowing these :

1.Modify repository properties.(Administration)

2.Modify table and modify schema object.(Schema)

Please load the repository with update indices post this and test.

Kindly update once tested.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Please check if the User is assigned to any other role along with Security role.

If not then please set the access again for the role and make sure if it is saved properly.

If its still not working try to unload/load repository.

Regrads,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

Select Tables and Fields in the Role table and check if the Roels and Users is Read/Write or Read Only. Make sure that it is set to Read/Write.

Rgds,

Prasad