cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new Request type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day,

i have a small problem. i need to know how to create a new request type lets call it "information" on GRC 10 that will allow a user to send requests without putting in an assignment forcing the user to input the role or system etc.. the request should allow the user to submit it without entering an assignment

please advice where can i do that

Much Regards

Lebogang Lesu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lebogang,

I do not think this is possible , because even we tried to create a request without any line item (role/system), but when we try to approve it , it gives MSMP error.

We wanted to implement this scenario as request in GRC(lock,unlock,delete,new a/c) were created from REMEDY ticketing tool.

You have to pass atleast "SYSTEM" as Line item and then have option for approver/users to add role after the request has come for approval.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor

Thanks for the response, but how do i literally create a new Request type called "Information" on GRC and only ideally only be able to specify the System assignment and not the role.

so therefore there will be Request type - new account, change account, delete account, lock/unlock user, superuser access and lastly Information..

is it possible?

former_member541582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lebogang,

To create a new request type, in SPRO @ Access Control >> User Provisioning >> Define Request Type.

BTW...there is by default already a request type called information, maybe you only need to enable it.

I have been in contact with SAP Support regarding the line item requirment because this functionality was avaliable already in 5.3.

They told me it is impossible and that I should post it the black hole called idea place. 

Kind regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vit Vesely,

I agree with your opinion .. Idea place is indeed a Black hole !!

I have posted 3 basic requirements related to GRC and they are still pending since 3 months !!

Just guessing if they will ever look at it !!

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have to agree with you both gentlemen, the idea place is more like a dreamlist of items that are never going to be attended to, even logging an OSS takes time to action.

anyway i did create the request now dealing with MSMP error when i try to approve it as per Victor's predicament.. think i have to maintain the workflow? any suggestions.

Thank you so much..

Answers (0)