Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text next to selection screen value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am creating selection screen by        

wd_this->m_helper->add_parameter_field().

My requirement is to display a text next to the selection screen value. For example, if i enter the system name in the paramter field and press enter, the system description is to appear on the right hand side of the parameter field. I think it is easier if i create the selection screen fields statically in the layout but how am i to display it in this kind of dynamic creation?

Regards,

Vaishnavi         

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a parameter called i_value_help_id and i_value_help_type in add_parameter_field method. It is the place you need to mention the OVS help name and type. It should be possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you help me with sample code, Jayanthi? I tried it and the f4 option works but when i double click the field i have chosen alone is getting filled in the parameter field. The text for the same is not getting displayed to the right of the field.

Regards,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help?

Regards,

Vaishnavi

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you paste the code here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the requirement is to add a description field next to parameter field, why cant you add a static text view next to your viewcontainer UI element and handle the value of text view on ENTER event of your parameter field ?

If you still need in dynamic create a text view dynamically in WDDOMODIFY view and use the same in your ON ENTER event of parameter field.

Regards

Rupachandran

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This you can achieve by using the calculated context attributes which is having getter and setter methods. You must create two context attr one binded with the selection UI element and other bind with the Text view text property to populate the desc.  When the selection happens retrive the desc  by using code  and setting the desc in the other context attr--use the getter  and setter methods of context attibute.

I hope this  helps to you to achieve your requirement.

Regards

KALYAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kalyan,

Do you have any code sample for this as i am not aware how to create two fields side by side using

wd_this->m_helper->add_parameter_field().

@ Jayanthi - Thanks. I will check that but shouldn't the ovs output be mapped to some field again Like text view

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically you need to have two fields. Based on the selection of first field search help, second will be automatically populated(text view).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayanthi,

Yes. I can have two fields side by side in the layout. Second one being an text view type but as i said i am creating the fields dynamically by wd_this->m_helper->add_parameter_field(). In this case, is it possible to add two fields side by side?

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vaishnavi,

I didn't tried it so far.Did you tried creating the event for the dynamic field(may be for Enter) and whenever you get the value for it, you can populate the value in textview otherwise?

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check OVS searchhelp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions?